Push email not notifying under specific conditions

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
So, I am noticing an issue with iOS 7 on my iPhone 4.

When I have WiFi ON, and the device is in Sleep, I do not receive any push notifications for incoming email.

When the device is active/awake, email comes through fine. When the device is in Sleep, and WiFi is OFF, push notifications come in fine over cellular data. Only when WiFi is ON and phone is in Sleep is there an issue...

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Check on your settings. Maybe you enabled no push notification on the lock screen. Make sure this is on
yju8aga6.jpg

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I've never had it setup to show the notifications in the lock screen or banner or anything before. But it always played the appropriate sound when an email came in. So I knew to check it if I wanted. This was working fine until today.

Now, it makes no sound, until I wake and unlock the device... after that, the badges and sounds for all the emails come pouring in. If I'm on cellular data, the notification sounds play fine, and when I wake and unlock the device, I find the badges waiting for me, and the emails listed in the notification center.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I've never had it setup to show the notifications in the lock screen or banner or anything before. But it always played the appropriate sound when an email came in. So I knew to check it if I wanted. This was working fine until today.

Now, it makes no sound, until I wake and unlock the device... after that, the badges and sounds for all the emails come pouring in. If I'm on cellular data, the notification sounds play fine, and when I wake and unlock the device, I find the badges waiting for me, and the emails listed in the notification center.

Is it on all wifi networks or just at home ?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods