calendar data transfer

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Can you just add the account?

Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account > Exchange > complete the process... ?

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
figured it out. This is the process for anyone looking-

turn off the exchange calendar in iOS first
mail yourself the .ics file from your exchange calendar
click the ics attachment in the ios mail app.
select add from the top right corner.
select which icloud calendar if you have more than one.

This turned out to be simple after I figured out I had to turn off the exchange calendar first.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
figured it out. This is the process for anyone looking-

turn off the exchange calendar in iOS first
mail yourself the .ics file from your exchange calendar
click the ics attachment in the ios mail app.
select add from the top right corner.
select which icloud calendar if you have more than one.

This turned out to be simple after I figured out I had to turn off the exchange calendar first.

Did you generate the .ics file from your iPhone or did you do it online from your PC?

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
from my PC. I did it directly from google calendar, but it can also be done from Outlook or Thunderbird etc. I'm literally preparing to be google free, especially now that exchange isn't supported once I switch devices. It's buggy now anyway.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
from my PC. I did it directly from google calendar, but it can also be done from Outlook or Thunderbird etc. I'm literally preparing to be google free, especially now that exchange isn't supported once I switch devices. It's buggy now anyway.

Oh okay. I moved over from Google being my primary to iCloud shortly after buying the iPhone 4S in October 2011, and I too, had it configured via exchange. Anyway, iCloud is working out great for me and I haven't look back since. I still use gmail, but only as a secondary account, but I no longer use the calendar, etcetera. Anyway, thanks for updating us. It is appreciated, sir....:)....Take care.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711