iPhone 5s sporadically crashing to Apple logo

eprisencc

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
My 5s is sporadically crashing to the apple logo when using the phone. I have not been able to pin down what causes it but it's happened quite a few times. I've already restored my phone and did not restore from backup and it still has the same issue. Is there some kind of bug in iOS 7 or the 5s hardware? Is anyone else experiencing similar issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

mlg321

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I was experiencing the same thing on the first day I loaded iOS7 OTA on my iP5 and iPad 3. I did a hard reset once it had rebooted on each device. Since then I have not had any problems. How long have you had iOS7 installed for?

Does it happen when your on a particular screen or app? Check settings>general>about>diagnostics for more info.

Ijosito

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same issue. Random crashes. I am thinking it could be that we are using apps that have not been fully upgraded to IOS 7. Don't recall if any of the crashes have occurred while using a native app.

piranhadonna

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I have had a couple of apps crash, a couple of crashes in settings, and then got a blue screen and phone rebooted. It is very odd that all of a sudden this happened today. I have had the phone since the 20th and it has been great with no crashes or reboots.

Ijosito

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Same here, except for while jailbroken. My iPhone 5, never crashed. Seems, like my 5s, is having more crashes. It crashes randomly three to four times a day Any app. More frequent on native apps, Ironically.

Jimbos Jumbos

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
Was happening to me. I started keeping track of the crashed. It was random. Sometimes on Apple apps, sometimes on the main screen, sometimes on 3rd party apps. Happening about 3 times a day. Some people are saying that it was not a reboot, but just the app closing. It is a reboot. Just a short one. (I am hiding apps, and they dont reapear after a on/off start, but they do reapear after a reboot)

I took it to the Apple store on Friday night, They asked me 2 questions then said "Ok, we need to replace this for you" Turns out, it is happening to more than a few. I got a replacement Friday night, and it has only happened once since.

vamp07

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm seeing the same thing and I don't think it has anything to do with any particular app. Probably happens to me once a day. I'm going to assume apple is aware of the problem and will fix it in a future update.

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Don't think there's anything you can do to fix it right now, nor do I believe it's an app issue. This looks like an iOS bug to me that just needs to be straightened out asap, hopefully with the next minor 7.0.x update :)

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I am currently on 7.0.2 and this short reboot happens to me like about once a day. Will hope the fix is released either this week or next week.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I had this happen to me once. I was using Runkeeper, on a call then when I hung up and the phone switched back to my podcasts it crashed.

I have not been able to re-produce the crash though.

piranhadonna

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone checked diagnostics & usage? I seem to be getting low memory quite a bit and this is usually when the crash happens. Just curious if anyone else is seeing that?

SteveP

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Are most of you setting up your new iPhone 5s as new or are you doing a restore? I have not had significant problems since day one. I set it up as a new phone and immediately downloaded the 7.0.1 update. As with most updates, once it is finished I either turn it off then on or reset it using the Home and Sleep buttons.

Curious.

RayHollister

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I did a restore on my iPhone 5S from
iCloud when I got it. I have been having the same issue. About once every day. Not too irritating since it reboots so quickly, but it is annoying since I have to put on my new incredibly long passcode after it restarts. :)

bboykin87

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
This has happened to me as we'll, it seems like a software reboot rather than a reboot of the whole phone. Like the launcher? (Not sure of the apple lingo, just switched from android).

I set mine up in the store as new, didn't use a backup since the only ones I have are
From an iPod and an iPad.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal