Phone Lighting Up

UnbornApple

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Ever since the iOS 7 upgrade I've noticed that my phones screen will sometimes light up without it being touched. I noticed this on my 5 and I figured it was some odd bug because I did a restore from backup.

I've got a 5s now and set it up as a new phone and just this morning it did it again!

Anyone else see this?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have yet to experience anything like that. Could it be an app that's causing it? Check the notifications screen to see what could be set to silently alert you, if anything.

UnbornApple

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking this might be due from instacast. When I get to work I usually just unplug the headphones from my iPhone and let that pause the podcast I'm listening too.

I see in the control center it still shows the last podcast that was playing. Maybe instacast is doing something in the background that is lighting up the screen?

Just a wild guess.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking this might be due from instacast. When I get to work I usually just unplug the headphones from my iPhone and let that pause the podcast I'm listening too.

I see in the control center it still shows the last podcast that was playing. Maybe instacast is doing something in the background that is lighting up the screen?

Just a wild guess.

It's quite possible.

lush242000

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Ever since the iOS 7 upgrade I've noticed that my phones screen will sometimes light up without it being touched. I noticed this on my 5 and I figured it was some odd bug because I did a restore from backup.

I've got a 5s now and set it up as a new phone and just this morning it did it again!

Anyone else see this?

Your phone is possessed or It is probably the NSA listening to you.

Sent from somewhere.

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I have all visual notifications for messages turned off. If I get one while the phone is unlocked then the screen brightness shoots up to alert me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73