Visit site
Pretty sure it's on by default, but you can check by going to:
Settings
Privacy
Location Services
System Services (bottom of page)
Frequent Locations
Toggle it to ON

If it's already on, there is history at the bottom you can go into and view.
Yes, it works on iPhone 5.

Thanks again. After reading the initial thread I see where it says

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Used Apple maps in detail today on a trip to Washington DC

Using it is a breeze you set it and forget it runs great in the background and other than two hiccups on the highway when it gave me the direction after I pasted the exit

Worked great on DC surface streets even told me to resume route after a half hour at the rest area

Sent from my iPhone 5

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I checked notification center for the weather on the way to an event saturday. I saw the traffic info there telling me how long it would take to get home -- but I had just left! Guess it's working ;)

Blue Shift

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I just realized something.
This whole process makes no sense.
Why am I waiting for this to learn where I go most often?
I should be able to drop a pin on a map and TELL IT where I go most often.

Because it's not just where you go, but when you do. Part of the reason it takes so long to finally see notifications is it's actually learning when you go to these places. IE. I get notifications weekdays before I go to work. I don't get notifications about going home until the afternoon. And I don't see anything about work on the weekends.

It's pretty slick, actually.

Too bad it's time estimates aren't completely trustworthy, but that may just be my location.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I've seen appear with traffic info exactly one time so far. I was at the beach for the weekend. On Sunday afternoon I pulled down notification center and there it was saying it would take me about 4 hours to drive home. Haven't seen again yet.

I wish you could set locations like you can with Google Now for home and work.

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Because it's not just where you go, but when you do. Part of the reason it takes so long to finally see notifications is it's actually learning when you go to these places. IE. I get notifications weekdays before I go to work. I don't get notifications about going home until the afternoon. And I don't see anything about work on the weekends.

It's pretty slick, actually.

Too bad it's time estimates aren't completely trustworthy, but that may just be my location.

True. Didn't consider the time of day element.

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Yes they made it a little easier to post traps by map movement and also switched to Here as they map source and some bug fixes for iOS 7

It's true posting traps on the fly is difficult so the movement of the Map lets you get to a safe place then your able to drop the trap accurately after your stopped

Sent from my iPhone 5

I
Good to know.
I'll give it a try.

Kinda wish I had gotten around to downloading it.
Might have avoided the speeding ticket I got last week.
Procrastination strikes again.

dianahk

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It took two weeks and I began getting travel notifications on my 5S. I go to the same office 5 days a week, so not too hard to learn.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I

Kinda wish I had gotten around to downloading it.
Might have avoided the speeding ticket I got last week.
Procrastination strikes again.

Sorry to hear about your ticket. Them Rat Benaps

If you decide to join Trapster let me know we would be happy to have you on board 😃

Sent from my iPhone 5

Blue Shift

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Not sure what you mean. You don't have your full address in for home and work in contacts?

I do indeed, both my home and work addresses are in my contact, however "Work" is the only one that shows properly in Notification Center, despite my home address being within the circle in Location Services.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
This feature has been working intermittently for me. Some days it shows up around the time I usually leave for work, and other times not. I have all of the required settings enabled.

Am thinking about using Google Now to augment the native feature. Anyone tried this? Any success or does Google Now create more unnecessary battery drain?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2