Traffic feature in notification center

ssandler77

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
The only thing i would like/chage would be the ability to remove certian places. For example if I travel to a location and would not be returning, i would liek to remove it form the history list. It is more than likely just me being a little OCD about having a long list of locations.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
It's pretty much a set it and forget it. Ya it stores the other locations. But this helps in the long run. Wether you return or not. Yes it would be easy to delete or remove from the menu rather then deleting the whole list.

Think of it as your personal database that goes with you all the time.

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
It took 3 weeks, but I finally have my first traffic notification.
Not sure why it took so long.
I wonder if it has something to do with how many other iPhone users in your area also use this feature?
More users would mean more data.
Or, are my routes and travel times logged and then averaged?
I'm guessing the former, or it wouldn't have taken this long to finally get one.
Also, I live in Canada, and iPhone market share here is lower than in USA, which would mean less aggregate data to work with, therefore more time required to give a travel estimate.
Now for those who've been getting them for a week or two:

How accurate are the drive times?

Blue Shift

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I got my first one this morning as well! It was quite accurate, within a couple of minutes. We'll see if I get a going home notification and how accurate that is, with traffic being what it is then.

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Mine was reasonably accurate.
I arrived 5 minutes sooner than its estimate, probably because it's Thanksgiving weekend up here, so traffic was lighter than normal this morning.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
How many members contributing to this thread use Apple Maps on a regular bases??

I use it once in a great while I'm actually a Moderator for Trapster which is a Navigation app as well as police and road Hazard warning system I highly recommend this Free app we are over 20 Million members strong so there's bound to be members posting Traps in your area

null_zpsf3dc0c7f.png

Sent from my iPhone 5

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
@Kataran

I use Apple Maps exclusively.

Has Trapster had any major updates?
I used it over a year ago, but found reporting things while driving took my eyes off the road more than I was comfortable with.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
@Kataran

I use Apple Maps exclusively.

Has Trapster had any major updates?
I used it over a year ago, but found reporting things while driving took my eyes off the road more than I was comfortable with.

Yes they made it a little easier to post traps by map movement and also switched to Here as they map source and some bug fixes for iOS 7

It's true posting traps on the fly is difficult so the movement of the Map lets you get to a safe place then your able to drop the trap accurately after your stopped

Sent from my iPhone 5

Stefano_B

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
It took me 2-3 weeks to get my first notification. Also, make sure to have your home address saved under your contact name, that helps with getting it started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

dianahk

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
How many members contributing to this thread use Apple Maps on a regular bases??

I use it once in a great while I'm actually a Moderator for Trapster which is a Navigation app as well as police and road Hazard warning system I highly recommend this Free app we are over 20 Million members strong so there's bound to be members posting Traps in your area

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv163/kataran1/null_zpsf3dc0c7f.png

Sent from my iPhone 5

I use Waze as my main map, gps, and traffic updates.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
DUH. Maybe that's why I haven't gotten one. I don't have my address in my contacts. Ugh.

Could be!

Also having your address under your contact name enables Siri to use Apple Maps to help you in many ways

In fact the more info you put in your contact the more intelligent answers you will get from Siri related to you

Sent from my iPhone 5

Blue Shift

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Well, the good news is actually got return information at the office once I had been there a while, AND it said traffic was unusually heavy at that time of day! But its time estimate was off by a factor of two. It only added 5 minutes to the trip time, where it was more like 25 minutes. We'll see if that improves.

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Yes they made it a little easier to post traps by map movement and also switched to Here as they map source and some bug fixes for iOS 7

It's true posting traps on the fly is difficult so the movement of the Map lets you get to a safe place then your able to drop the trap accurately after your stopped

Sent from my iPhone 5

Good to know.
I'll give it a try.

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
DUH. Maybe that's why I haven't gotten one. I don't have my address in my contacts. Ugh.

I'm not sure it matters.
There are a few frequent locations logged for me that aren't places in my address book.
I haven't rcvd a notification for them yet either, so we'll see.
I just realized something.
This whole process makes no sense.
Why am I waiting for this to learn where I go most often?
I should be able to drop a pin on a map and TELL IT where I go most often.

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
How do you activate this? And is it on the 5 ? Please lol

Pretty sure it's on by default, but you can check by going to:
Settings
Privacy
Location Services
System Services (bottom of page)
Frequent Locations
Toggle it to ON

If it's already on, there is history at the bottom you can go into and view.
Yes, it works on iPhone 5.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW