Traffic feature in notification center

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Nice! I'm guessing I won't ever see a notification like that since I leave for work well before there is any significant traffic out.

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
You need to make sure the 'frequently visited' feature is enabled... and it will take a several days for data to accumulate and patterns to develop that the feature will then use to show information.
i have clicked on show traffic in the maps app. is that all i need to do? i do not find a 'frequently visited' feature" to enable

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
i have clicked on show traffic in the maps app. is that all i need to do? i do not find a 'frequently visited' feature" to enable

If you want traffic in Maps... yes. The frequently visited is under settings... privacy... location services... system services... frequent locations...

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
If you want traffic in Maps... yes. The frequently visited is under settings... privacy... location services... system services... frequent locations...

Yeah they buried down deep in the settings and on by default.

Just saying 😑

Sent from my iPhone 5

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Tapping on frequent locations will bring up a history list which can be tapped on to see map and times visited

Sent from my iPhone 5

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I am not sure I understand how this feature works. The phone had to learn my normal route to be able to advise on traffic conditions? Does that mean if I go out of town to a place I've never been it will not advise of any traffic issues simply because it doesn't know the area?

My guess is that if you've never been there, it wouldn't know where you're going next, so no traffic tips.
Some place you've never been before is not a frequent location.

Maybe in a future Maps update.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I am not sure I understand how this feature works. The phone had to learn my normal route to be able to advise on traffic conditions? Does that mean if I go out of town to a place I've never been it will not advise of any traffic issues simply because it doesn't know the area?

yeah, and it won't know where you're going! if you daily drive to and from work at essentially the same time, and to the same place, it theoretically should help with that. but go out of town and want to drive to dinner? don't think it will know that, though it might be cool if you had in your calendar "dinner reservations at billy's restaurant" for 6pm and it showed that in notification center. but I don't think that's the intent/feature. :)

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I finally have some frequent locations! It will be interesting to see some route info. Maybe if there is heavy traffic for my trip home from work.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I finally have some frequent locations! It will be interesting to see some route info. Maybe if there is heavy traffic for my trip home from work.

What time you getting out ?

I'll jackknife a Semi for you we need to see feature in action 😜

Sent from my iPhone 5

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
It does not seem to be a very accurate feature. I am at my job 6 days a week, at the same time, in the same location. Having owned the phone for 8 days already, it still has not realized that this is a normal routine.

On the flip side, it has remembered that I went to IHOP once this week.

Makes no sense, Lol.

Perry_Orne

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Frequent Locations is an interesting name for this. I've got mine on and have collected a few Frequent Locations that are places I've only ever been to once. Flew from San Antonio to San Francisco through Houston. It documented the George Bush Airport as a frequent location.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Just got my first Notification

null_zps4dd987ff.png

Sent from my iPhone 5

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads