iOS 7 Duplicate email bug

shady360

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I ran the iOS7 beta over the summer on my iPhone 5, and now have the iPhone 5s. On both devices I have been experiencing a 'duplicate email' bug. The emails aren't really duplicated, they just look that way. What's happening is one email is hiding another email. So, if you're in your inbox and you show 4 messages, it may look like one of them is a duplicate, but if you scroll down and back up you can see that the 'duplicate' was just hiding a different email underneath. I'm sorry if I'm not doing a good job explaining this. Anyone else experience this, and any ideas to fix??

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I ran the iOS7 beta over the summer on my iPhone 5, and now have the iPhone 5s. On both devices I have been experiencing a 'duplicate email' bug. The emails aren't really duplicated, they just look that way. What's happening is one email is hiding another email. So, if you're in your inbox and you show 4 messages, it may look like one of them is a duplicate, but if you scroll down and back up you can see that the 'duplicate' was just hiding a different email underneath. I'm sorry if I'm not doing a good job explaining this. Anyone else experience this, and any ideas to fix??

Since it happened to both, you can also head on over to the nearest Apple Store otherwise you can try a restore.

FarisFox

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I have the same exact problem! Does anyone have a legitimate answer for this? I also have the problem where opening an email doesn't always mark it as read. It's very annoying that after 6 years of having a stable mail app we're now stuck with this crap! I'm surprised that more people aren't complaining about these issues. I'm using gmail by the way. Thanks.

gwnorowski

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
I am also having this problem (you described it perfectly). It seems this post is only place on the internet that adequately describes the exact issue I am having. Has anyone found a solution?

Lee Ludlum

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I am also experiencing this duplicate email problem. Can't believe that no one have found a resolution yet. Apple takes one step forward and two steps back. Apple needs to stop concentrating on consumer grade ONLY, and start thinking about how their products effect businesses when they do not work properly. MAC OS Mountain Lion is also reeking havoc.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I haven't noticed this with any of my 6 email accounts, including 4 Gmail. If I did, I would try deleting the affected account/accounts, then do a hard reset, then add the email accounts back in.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
On my IPhone 5 I only have one exchange mail in the stock mail app. I experience the the same thing. Sometimes I get duplicate mail. I can't say when it happen it just happens sometimes. My corporate use exchange 2003 at the moment but are on the way too upgrade to exchange 2010

Skickat fr?n Tapatalk 2

Lauhol1126

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same issue since late 2013. I have tried calling apple as well as going into the store and having my phone reset with no luck. I was referred to this thread from someone who saw it on the google forums. Has anyone had any resolution with this issue. It is driving me crazy. I just switched over to the gmail app and email is fine here.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods