is there a difference between update and restore as new (then restore from backup)?

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Just curious. I want to go from 6.1.4 to 7.0, if I connect to itunes then restore from new first (this will make my phone get a fresh install of 7.0), then once the device restarts, then I select restore from backup, is it the same or different if I just update right away from 6 to 7?

Thanks.

Disturbed_Angel

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Well if you do a clean install then you are going to only get back the things on your iCloud or iTunes back up, vs if you just update, everything remains intact. I would say just update first, if you have issues, that is when you would want to look at higher level things like clean installs, restore as new, etc.

Sent from my Tropically located iPhone

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
That is ok with me if I get only things from icloud or itunes because I always prefer clean install, but I m just curious if it is the same thing. Thanks.

Disturbed_Angel

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Not quite the same as the fresh install would also delete all your apps and the the restore would re-install them, so your apps would all be fresh installs as well, which I have been known to do myself at times when I feel an app is not behaving correctly.

Sent from my Tropically located iPhone

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox