By my understanding frequent locations is supposed to be Apples similar version of google now where it displays info based on where you are.

I have had frequent locations enabled since I downloaded iOS 7 and I can see where it's recorded info. But I don't get where this info is supposed to show up at and where/how it's used. Am I overlooking something or does frequent locations seem useless?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2
    09-23-2013 02:24 AM
    By my understanding frequent locations is supposed to be Apples similar version of google now where it displays info based on where you are.

I have had frequent locations enabled since I downloaded iOS 7 and I can see where it's recorded info. But I don't get where this info is supposed to show up at and where/how it's used. Am I overlooking something or does frequent locations seem useless?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Yeah...what he said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    09-23-2013 06:21 AM

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2
    I think if you're taking photos on a regular basis then this comes in handy. The OS will arrange them based on location and time. Otherwise, depending on which app is enabled in location services, the value is more "on the spot". Think Yelp, for example.
    09-23-2013 06:52 AM
    Maybe it takes a week or two to learn what your frequent locations are?
    09-23-2013 06:00 PM
    I think if you're taking photos on a regular basis then this comes in handy. The OS will arrange them based on location and time. Otherwise, depending on which app is enabled in location services, the value is more "on the spot". Think Yelp, for example.
    I don't think it has to do with photos. iOS 6 as well as iOS 7 has a photos option for that under location services so I really don't think it's for keeping track of where pictures are taken.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2
    09-23-2013 06:50 PM
    Maybe it takes a week or two to learn what your frequent locations are?
    It might, who knows. But I haven't heard anything or seen any articles about what exactly frequent locations is supposed to do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2
    09-23-2013 06:51 PM
    From my imperfect memory, it's supposed to tell you how long it will take to get to your (likely) next location.
    I also thought there was going to be deeper integration with maps, to give you alternate routes.
    09-23-2013 07:12 PM
    Frequent locations seems odd so far.

So far, it has my work and home as 'locations'.
    It shows me at work on Monday and Thursday of this week.
    I've been there all week at the same times, so what happened to Tue. Wed. & Fri. ?
    Home is even weirder. It has me leaving the house at 3 am one night.
    I don't sleep walk, so what the heck is up with this?

If you're not sure where to see these dates and times:
    Settings
    Privacy
    Location Services, scroll to bottom
    System Services
    Frequent Locations
    History, then tap on whatever locations are displayed.
    On the next screen, tap it again to see dates and times.
    09-27-2013 07:22 PM
    I commented in another post that "Frequent Locations" is an odd name. I flew from San Antonio to San Francisco through Houston. It recorded the George Bush Airport as a frequent location even though that's the only time I've been there in a few years.
    09-28-2013 08:50 PM