Wallpaper Zoom Fix App?

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks!

What would you want to have added?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cropping Pictures
When I rotate the picture it goes really.. fast.. -> Slower rotation, better slide control.
Maybe tapping to zoom into a pic?
Pinch to zoom seems to fail a little on my iPhone, maybe it's the iOS 7.1 Beta, maybe my finger.. But sometimes when I try to pinch and zoom in I move the pic around.
Maybe some effects?

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Cropping Pictures
When I rotate the picture it goes really.. fast.. -> Slower rotation, better slide control.
Maybe tapping to zoom into a pic?
Pinch to zoom seems to fail a little on my iPhone, maybe it's the iOS 7.1 Beta, maybe my finger.. But sometimes when I try to pinch and zoom in I move the pic around.
Maybe some effects?

Excellent ideas.

On the rotating if you long press an image a menu comes up. Pick rotate. Then a more manageable slider comes up that will rotate more slowly.

I have done some damping of the 2 finger rotate but it still seems to accelerate at some point. That definitely needs improvement.

Cropping tool is 1st on the list.

Cheers, @Scatabrain

duongel

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
hey Scatabrain,

I'm also a developer and I've been working an a very similar app too, but I didn't know your app when I started ;-) would you mind telling me how big the demand finally was for your app? You can send me a private message if you prefer. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Greetings from Germany!

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
hey Scatabrain,

I'm also a developer and I've been working an a very similar app too, but I didn't know your app when I started ;-) would you mind telling me how big the demand finally was for your app? You can send me a private message if you prefer. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Greetings from Germany!

Hey fellow dev. Great question. It has died down quite a bit in the last month. I'll just say a lot of people did pick it up closer to the shock of the ios 7 release. I suspect new ios users just accept the limited way apple allows you to set wallpaper. Users who were not new to ios had something taken away and were dismayed by the change.

There are 2 other apps that also fill this need. 1 is more aesthetically pleasing and offers a different take on the problem. The came out shortly after mine. I bet they read this forum and gave it a shot at roughly the same time. The other is a blatant rip off of mine and even just reversed the name to squat on my app name. It came out way after mine.

Kudus to both of them for doing a much better job marketing then I did. Example - great YouTube video. Also they did a better job reaching out to iMore contributors. I wasn't aggressive in this. That was my loss.

My advice is to add something beyond this function to make it unique.

I would guess they did 2-3 times better then I did.

As far as how well I do? It was better then pizza money for awhile. Now it is a bit better then pizza money. I expect it will someday just be pizza money.

However I do have plans to expand the app with unique related features. I am working in a game right now. It takes up all my free time at the moment.

Let me know if you have specific questions. Happy to help.

I would like to thank everyone who supported the app. It has been much more of a hit then I thought possible.

I have some iPad fixes coming.

Cheers,
@Scatabrain

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2