What facebook integration are you talking about? I rarely got facebook notifications on my 920 and get them instantly on my phone(i5) now. I can setup a facebook account on iOS and it integrates perfectly. I have facebook messenger that instantly allows me to communicate on my i5. The facebook chat integration that you're talking about only drained battery on my 920 pre and post Portico. I always left it off. I always leave facebook messenger on (on my i5) and I have less than 1% idle battery drain with it and whatsapp running.
    Not everyone (meaning myself) wants to have a cluster of notifications constantly going off. I prefer the "delay" that WP gives and how I can purposely have a select few of apps be in my constant sight for notifications.

Yes, you are. This is the problem with your type. You go into other forums, rail on the other phone in a disrespectful manner and when people come to defend it, you get all ****-hurt and you start calling people iSheep. I have been to WPCentral and it and CrackBerry are filled with a bunch of children who like to call Apple users iSheep and call everything uninnovated while turning a blind eye to their own company of choice and how little, and I mean very little, they bring to the table. GDR2 and GDR3 was and will be a joke. People like you turn a blind eye to how little each new Windows Phone hardware brings to the table. A 41 MP camera? Ok, what else? Tell me any software innovations Microsoft has made.

Tell me how you can customize notifications. Tell me how you can choose colors that you want instead of a pre-collection of colors. Tell me how live-tiles are actually live. Tell me how you have a notification center or and easy way to access quick settings. Tell me how a Microsoft work phone has top notch PDF support. Tell me how I have don't have to unclench my teeth every time I update because there is a risk of bricking my phone. Tell me why the touted cloud storage option is any different than Apple's. Tell me what innovation WP8 or Nokia or HTC has brought. Tell me. Tell me how you have a half-assed voice assistant that is a knock-off from Siri. Tell me how the sync software is top-notch. Tell me how XBox games revolutionized mobile gaming. Tell me how it can play any video format. Tell me about the enthusiast program and how Microsoft always keeps their promises. Tell me how to go into multi-tasking mode and easily kill apps. Tell me how you have independent volume and ringtone profiles. Tell me what apps you have to make my life easier.
    Obviously, Windows Phone didn't do it for you with these fields, but that doesn't mean it didn't work for everyone. No, there aren't separate media volumes and ringtone notifications, but it is customizable, you can customize your notifications, you can view PDF files EASILY, there are SEVERAL apps that make your life easier, multi-tasking works fine (on 1 GB devices) and killing apps are done in the settings (Not sure what has always been the obssession with knowing that you physically closed an app when the OS is optimized with the battery in mind to have things running or paused in the background), and so on.

Don't. Just don't. Anyone who has been with Windows Phone knows the situation with updates. Go ahead and list all the updates your phone got and the features that were added. Go on. Show us what Microsoft does for its users.
    AFAIK, all of the detremental updates have reached ALL devices, and outside of Apple, no other companies have gotten it right as close as Microsoft has with Windows Phone, and this is with MULTIPLE devices. Do they come out as soon as announced? No, but be honest: Apple is in control of EVERYTHING, Microsoft is only in control of the software (not hardware).

I have been on WPCentral and you are simply using rose-colored glasses while over there. With all due respect, open your eyes and take off the glasses. You are posting like this and don't expect people to respond to you? Should we all bow down to your logic and smash our iPhones and go out and buy a clearly inferior product?
    To you it's inferior, for me it does a better job than my iPhone did. I'm not looking for an argument and I'm not looking to be right. All of this is subjective, but you are getting on the OP for being biased but seem to be doing the same thing just cause you had a bad experience. I could write off the iPhone as a piece of crap because the battery life was horrible FOR ME, but I know several people personally that can get through a full day of heavy use. And BTW, the OP didn't advise anyone to go buy a Windows Phone, so that shows you didn't really read his original post

Again, open your eyes when you go back to WPCentral. You admit you insulted people and you expect them not to defend themselves? Really? Yes. Apple is always heading to something revolutionary that the others attempt to adopt. Android leads to revolutionary things which others attempt to adopt. Yet WP8 and BlackBerry? Nope. Sorry but if you're not seeing anything extra with all the shortcomings of Windows Phones then you will never switch. I'm sorry but as you stated in your OP, you are what they call a fanboy and will never see anything revolutionary because you don't want to. You want to stick to a brand out of loyalty not out of functionality and how the company keeps its promises and how it delivers.
    He didn't insult ANYONE in his original post, so why don't you log off for a minute and chill out?

As far as the "shortcomings" and the "non-revolutionary" things that WP is doing, I see a LOT of metro influence being adopted by Android and iOS7 so.....

And WP8 was enough for me to switch from Apple AND Android (had an iPhone 5 and an Optimus G)
    09-23-2013 05:44 PM
    The malice here is beyond ridiculous, especially for someone who came to say they mostly enjoyed the product. I don't download many apps so having to download an app for any level of social networking seems dull and let's face it, Apple took a lot from the Jailbreak community who took a lot from Windows Phone 8 with their new OS.
    sydneycooper1979 likes this.
    09-23-2013 07:14 PM
    The malice here is beyond ridiculous, especially for someone who came to say they mostly enjoyed the product. I don't download many apps so having to download an app for any level of social networking seems dull and let's face it, Apple took a lot from the Jailbreak community who took a lot from Windows Phone 8 with their new OS.
    I'll admit right off the bat that I know nothing about WP so correct me if I'm wrong on this.
    The jalbreak community had been around for a few years prior to the WP redesign.
    How is it that the jailbreak devs borrowed from WP?
    09-23-2013 08:23 PM
    Because while the community has been around for some time, they are constantly evolving. When they saw Windows Phone's incoming call screen, they got it because it looked good and was practical, both Android and iOS took the card style multi-tasking from Windows Phone now and there are several more flat design elements that simply would not be if not for Windows Phone. Wozniak himself carries around a Lumia alongside his iPhone because even he appreciates it. To demean something simply because it's not your style is ridiculous.
    09-23-2013 09:49 PM
    ..both Android and iOS took the card style multi-tasking from Windows Phone .
    Cough BS cough. Try again. Try webOS. In 2009.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 09-23-2013 at 10:24 PM.
    09-23-2013 10:01 PM
    Because while the community has been around for some time, they are constantly evolving. When they saw Windows Phone's incoming call screen, they got it because it looked good and was practical, both Android and iOS took the card style multi-tasking from Windows Phone now and there are several more flat design elements that simply would not be if not for Windows Phone.
    On behalf of the mobile nations community, I'd like to welcome you to the world of smartphones.
    09-23-2013 10:54 PM
    Because while the community has been around for some time, they are constantly evolving. When they saw Windows Phone's incoming call screen, they got it because it looked good and was practical, both Android and iOS took the card style multi-tasking from Windows Phone now and there are several more flat design elements that simply would not be if not for Windows Phone. Wozniak himself carries around a Lumia alongside his iPhone because even he appreciates it. To demean something simply because it's not your style is ridiculous.
    ?????
    Where did that come from?
    How am I being demeaning?
    09-23-2013 10:57 PM
    Oh, not you by any means. That was more a general inclusion.
    09-23-2013 11:19 PM
    I read the first 5 lines and stopped...
    09-23-2013 11:22 PM
    So Apple is the first company to successfully implement a near-perfect biometric identification device into a mobile phone and the potential to revolutionize security, but the hardware "brings nothing new to the table". LOL

Ok then!
    Who told you this? The Apple marketing team? There are already reports of your near-perfect biometric revolutionary security system falling to hackers. Hey, I'm OK with people liking iPhones, but you really gotta tone down the horse****.
    09-23-2013 11:34 PM
    On behalf of the mobile nations community, I'd like to welcome you to the world of smartphones.
    I've been around since XDA phones were a thing but thanks for playing.
    09-24-2013 12:07 AM
    I've been around since XDA phones were a thing but thanks for playing.
    Nice! You know how to google too.
    09-24-2013 12:20 AM
    Nice! You know how to google too.
    HTC Wallaby, it was given to me in my junior year of high school because it was too complex for my dad. He went back to his Razr and I toiled away on it. I've actually been a member of XDA since 08 when I eh, I guess upgraded to the Samsung Blackjack. From there, HTC Dash, HTC PPC 6800, HTC Touch, HTC Touch Diamond, Samsung Omnia 2, G1... I could go on. I didn't get an iPhone til the 4th gen as I knew my phones could do more but they caught up around the 4. Then they started adding the minor fluff like Siri and the sort which I was upset about at the time as I'd paid for it on the 4 and then they blocked it and made it a 4S exclusive but whatever, I was using my HD1 primarily then and dual booting OSes though I was one of the few who preferred Windows Mobile on the Frankenphone. I then got a N9 which sealed the deal on me following Nokia and they just happened to go with an OS that made it worth it. I've owned an S2, S3, S4, Optimus G, Z10, Nexus 4 and now 5s since. Ultimately, I've had a total of 113 smartphones though not all different. I traded, bought and sold them throughout college as a primary source of income on Craigslist. Anyway, thanks for proving to be pig headed and pretentious as opposed to making valid points. I hope trolling in your own forum brings you some level of personal gratification.

Wow, that was a wall of text.
    09-24-2013 12:43 AM
    First of all, my name is Lance. I'm a junior developer at a firm that I won't reveal right now because I like making a mockery of others online and I'd rather my actions not be associated with them. I am a long time windows Phone user, I have been using it since the initial release of the HD7 that I waited in a very, very short line for in the busiest store in the Austin area. and am currently rocking a Lumia 1020 and a Surface RT to compliment it. I also have a Nexus 4 for Android purposes in development and an iPhone 4, well, that is until yesterday. We received 6 5s units from Apple for development purposes and our apple team is only four people so we had two in a raffle. I jokingly entered being the absolute hater of iOS I was. The boring UI, the static icons. It's only saving grace prior to iOS 7 in my eyes was the sheer number of games on the platform. My iPhone 4 had been reduced to nothing but a machine to play Infinity Blade on, even my two year old had lost interest in it and turned his eyes towards my Surface RT. I fully believe that iOS has not innovated since Slide to Unlock which was arguably released on a few select Windows Mobile phones prior to that. I thought there was no way Apple could make a redeeming quality OS and then I won. Okay, Craigslist fodder, yay. Or so I thought.

I'd like to say, I still don't feel Apple can innovate, they still have not brought anything new to the table. This time, they just stole well. Most everything on the new iOS is a bastardized version of something that another OS has had for awhile. The beauty of iOS is it's ability to stitch together this Frankenstein's monster of a phone and make it where it would be able to function and even impress at times. Hell, it's even somewhat appealing to the eye and that's something the iPhone has never had going for it on the software front. It really is quite impressive what the hipsters at Cupertino have been able to come up with. So, well, here goes my little half-assed review and bear in mind that I'm half-asleep writing this.

Hardware:
    Honestly, the hardware brings nothing new to the table. Apple continues to fail at excelling on all fronts aside from the GPU in terms of specs which, as both they and Windows Phone have proven, are not necessary if you actually optimize your OS (I'm looking at you Android and I would be at BBOS but no one looks at BBOS) Don't think I am saying this is a low quality device by any means. It is an expertly crafted phone with quality materials and it truly feels like each individual iPhone was put together by hand (Likely in a sweat shop in a third world country) to make sure that each part fit together flawlessly. My only complaint is that I've seen two people already try scanning their finderprint as they pick it up grabbing it solely from the bottom and dropping the phone as it flips from the top. It's a beautiful piece of machinery that I think only Nokia can rival in terms of quality.

Software:
    I cannot tell you how many people updated their iPhones and thought it was a joke. This is not the iOS that I originally toyed with back in 08, who knew they'd ever update their archaic and hideous design? Sure, the new OS looks a little cartoony but it is a phenomenal step in the right direction. I know the colors are a bit too soft pastel but don't let that dissaude you, the fact that the iPhone only has one button on it's face is now finally okay with all of the gestures. The fact that the eye tracking actually works unlike the gimmicky S4 is great too, I thought it was a bit funny when I heard about it but it really does add a whole new dynamic layer to the UI creating a more 3d effect than the 3d evo ever did. The new camera UI is actually usable and quite good. It doesn't have the array of options I'm used to and certainly doesn't hold a candle to my Lumia 1020 in terms of quality but the shots are solid, it has the best panorama feature I've ever utilized on a smartphone and overall it's certainly usable. The new music player and the new Siri UI were both a pleasure to use and finally felt like an extension of the OS rather than another app.

Where Do I Think It Can Improve?
    First of all, offer some kind of option for people who don't want a feminine phone. I like the UI but it's certainly affeminite. Second, pretty much every old app needs to be reconsidered to create a more unified experience across the OS. It should be made easy for developers to transition from your awful old menu styles to something that feels like an extension of the OS. Third, I'd love some sort of activity on the screen. It's all so static and dull. And FINALLY, innovate. Apple has not done anything innovative in years and that is sad coming from the hipster and geek company rather than us nerds for Microsoft. I know Apple has it in them but please, just brind something new to the table.

Uh...lad, there are some things you should mention and should not mention in a post.

As for Apple not doing anything innovative in years id have to disagree, ios 7 is a major change from ios 6 interns of the UI. Besides...Apple was first to bring out an artificial assistant (siri) and then we also have them bringing out an iPhone with a fingerprint sensor....so yes, sure...apple is not innovative....
    09-24-2013 12:50 AM
    More 3D than an HTC EVO 3D ?....thats like saying: "a car flys better than an aeroplane". If you have an HTC EVO 3D and you want your home screens and icons/widgets in 3D then get SPB shell (yandex may have the experimental feature as well)....then we compare....
    09-24-2013 12:57 AM
    Stop trying so hard to prove yourself. To the people here there have only been iPhones. Mentioning all the others is like speaking a foreign language to them. Additionally, you have no way of knowing which post you submit will make it past this site's iCensors. The Apple way is so disgusting and pretentious you'd think the intelligent people on here would see through it.
    09-24-2013 01:52 AM
    Stop trying so hard to prove yourself. To the people here there have only been iPhones. Mentioning all the others is like speaking a foreign language to them. Additionally, you have no way of knowing which post you submit will make it past this site's iCensors. The Apple way is so disgusting and pretentious you'd think the intelligent people on here would see through it.
    FYI There are no censored comments in this post.
    09-24-2013 07:39 AM
    Uh...lad, there are some things you should mention and should not mention in a post.

As for Apple not doing anything innovative in years id have to disagree, ios 7 is a major change from ios 6 interns of the UI. Besides...Apple was first to bring out an artificial assistant (siri) and then we also have them bringing out an iPhone with a fingerprint sensor....so yes, sure...apple is not innovative....
    You should learn more about your phone or read the thread. Siri was not made by Apple, I had it as an app on the 4 long before the 4s came into fruition. It was in the app store for quite some time. Not to mention that Android had one as well. That, and phones have had fingerprint sensors since at least 07/08 when I got my first one.
    09-24-2013 08:31 AM
    More 3D than an HTC EVO 3D ?....thats like saying: "a car flys better than an aeroplane". If you have an HTC EVO 3D and you want your home screens and icons/widgets in 3D then get SPB shell (yandex may have the experimental feature as well)....then we compare....
    Oh, you mean I can put more effort into modding my phone than using it because the OS itself as well as the manufacturer support isn't meeting the bar? Android in a nutshell.
    09-24-2013 11:34 AM
    You should learn more about your phone
    both Android and iOS took the card style multi-tasking from Windows Phone
    Hilarious.
    09-24-2013 01:14 PM
    So Apple is the first company to successfully implement a near-perfect biometric identification device into a mobile phone and the potential to revolutionize security, but the hardware "brings nothing new to the table". LOL

Ok then!

Hate to burst your bubble but Apple was not the first to have a "near perfect" biometric sensor on a phone. I had a Motorola ES400 way back in the Windows Mobile days and it had a fingerprint scanner and a stand alone built-in bar code scanner. Google it if you don't believe me.
    09-24-2013 02:56 PM
    I just clicked this post for fun. Lovin' the comments so far. Keep them coming.
    I came here at your suggestion on WPC. You should have at least given us a warning. See you back in a few.
    09-24-2013 03:05 PM
    Hilarious.
    Hilarious indeed, considering they all stole it from webOS. Not to mention contact integration also stolen from webOS (Synergy) along with gestures and Universal Search from the home screen. All webOS firsts, imitated but not duplicated.
    09-24-2013 03:34 PM
    Hilarious indeed, considering they all stole it from webOS. Not to mention contact integration also stolen from webOS (Synergy) along with gestures and Universal Search from the home screen. All webOS firsts, imitated but not duplicated.
    Yes. That was my point.
    09-24-2013 04:18 PM
    If it disgusts you so much, then why take so much time out of your day to read and posts comments on it?
    09-24-2013 06:26 PM
108 12345