Safari iOs7 - Default Browser Issue

jessica_lynn9474

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone - I wasn't able to UPGRADE to iOs6 again unfortunately. So I'm stuck with iOs7 until Apple finally realizes to give people the option. Fingers crossed! :D In the meantime, just have some getting used to do.

I have a question regarding Safari's default browser. It's set to Yahoo on my phone and when I had iOs6 and I opened a new page Yahoo automatically opened up. Now with iOs7 when I open a new page it just shows a blank page with a bing as a suggested site and web slice gallery. I have to type Yahoo into the search bar to get there.

Again, in my settings the default browser is set to Yahoo so not sure why this is happening.

Is this the new way that safari works or am I missing something in a setting somewhere?

I'd sure like for the simplicity of Yahoo just opening automatically and not having to type it in the search bar every time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone - I wasn't able to UPGRADE to iOs6 again unfortunately. So I'm stuck with iOs7 until Apple finally realizes to give people the option. Fingers crossed! :D In the meantime, just have some getting used to do.

I have a question regarding Safari's default browser. It's set to Yahoo on my phone and when I had iOs6 and I opened a new page Yahoo automatically opened up. Now with iOs7 when I open a new page it just shows a blank page with a bing as a suggested site and web slice gallery. I have to type Yahoo into the search bar to get there.

Again, in my settings the default browser is set to Yahoo so not sure why this is happening.

Is this the new way that safari works or am I missing something in a setting somewhere?

I'd sure like for the simplicity of Yahoo just opening automatically and not having to type it in the search bar every time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Go into settings- Safari - search engine

bitshifter1001

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

I have a work around that you may like.

Go to yahoo.com in Safari. Click on the box with arrow icon in the menu bar. Click add to Home Screen. Place that home screen page either in the doc or on the first app page. Use the newly created icon to start Safari.

The other option you have is to save yahoo.com in you favorites. When Safari starts you just click the Yahoo favorite.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711