UN-Official - Still waiting for iOS 7 App Update list

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Ok, don't see any list of apps we are still waiting for, so I thought I would start one.

My top 5 are:

iWork Apps (Assuming new versions coming in October with assumed iPad/Oct 15 event)
iLife Apps (ditto)
Podcasts (Apple)
Remote (Apple)
Instagram

These are the ones on my home screen - Only iLife/iWork in a folder.

What say you, iMore community?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
As long as those apps work, that's all I care about. Out of the ones you mentioned, I have the Apple podcast app and it still works. The look of it is not an issue for me.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Pretty sure Remote is getting something soon. Seeing that AppleTV got a major update today.

I'm curious as to what Instagram is going to look like.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Instagram has been working great for me

i've been trolling posting like crazy lately without an issue

it can use a little UI updating tho

iSRS

Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
As long as those apps work, that's all I care about. Out of the ones you mentioned, I have the Apple podcast app and it still works. The look of it is not an issue for me.

Yes, they work, no question. And aside from looks, more importantly with Podcasts specifically, I want the background refresh ability.

iSRS

Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Oh, and can't forget the iMore app!

And Tapatalk.

Just really digging iOS 7. More than I thought I would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Tweetbot and Instagram have disappointed me the most with no true iOS 7 update.. Inexcusable as a dev to have so much time to prepare and not have something released by public launch.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Tweetbot and Instagram have disappointed me the most with no true iOS 7 update.. Inexcusable as a dev to have so much time to prepare and not have something released by public launch.

I agree. Tweetbot sticks out like a sore thumb. Now Twitterific looks pretty good. Just don't like the functionality as well as Tweetbot.

Here's a few others...

News360
ESPN Scorecenter
Yelp
Imore Forums

iSRS

Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
When you guys say you want an iOS 7 update, are you merely looking for a new flat icon?

Not me. The interface elements, some iOS technology advancements (such as Podcasts downloading in the background so I don't forget and end up using cellular)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
When you guys say you want an iOS 7 update, are you merely looking for a new flat icon?

No. We want the iOS 7 look and feel, plus the new keyboard. Tweetbot, Instagram, and ESPN Scorecenter all still look and feel like I'm on iOS 6. They need to fix them soon.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

jmripollg

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand why 1st party apps like iBooks, Podcasts, the iWork suite and Find iPhone (other than the icon change) haven't received the iOS 7 treatment. I would also like to have WhatsApp updated, but I know that won't happen any time soon...

soodmanhar

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand why 1st party apps like iBooks, Podcasts, the iWork suite and Find iPhone (other than the icon change) haven't received the iOS 7 treatment. I would also like to have WhatsApp updated, but I know that won't happen any time soon...

Any idea when what's app will get iOS 7 compatability

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums mobile app

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I thought that on September 17th we'd get a flurry of those Apple app updates. Was so wrong.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Ok, don't see any list of apps we are still waiting for, so I thought I would start one.

My top 5 are:

iWork Apps (Assuming new versions coming in October with assumed iPad/Oct 15 event)
iLife Apps (ditto)
Podcasts (Apple)
Remote (Apple)
Instagram

These are the ones on my home screen - Only iLife/iWork in a folder.

What say you, iMore community?

Instagram was updated this morning...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
No. We want the iOS 7 look and feel, plus the new keyboard. Tweetbot, Instagram, and ESPN Scorecenter all still look and feel like I'm on iOS 6. They need to fix them soon.

Agree. Tweetbot is awesome, but looks so old and stale at this point. Same with ESPN ScoreCenter.

I actually tried the version of Twitteriffic... man is that hard to use. Same with Yahoo! Sports. Both apps have the iOS 7 look/feel, but they just aren’t my bag.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR