iTunes Radio and iTunes Match accounts

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
My GF and I both use iPhones but never mess with iTunes. We rely on Pandora and Rhapsody for everything. iTunes Radio is starting to grow on me, though. I'm considering it for a Pandora replacement.

We pay $36 a year for ad free Pandora One. We share that account across all devices so, good deal. I understand that ad free iTunes Radio comes with an iTunes Match subscription, which is $25 a year.

Sounds cheaper than Pandora, right? The hitch is, can we share one iTunes Match account across all of our devices. I'm reading online that you can, but will having both of our phones tied in with the Match account mess around with our individual App Store accounts? Can we share the Match account and Apple still understands that these are two different people with these phones?

We have very similar tastes in music so it's easy for us to share a music account. Basically I'd like to know if we can essentially share within the Music app and nothing else. All we are interested in is iTunes Radio...not buying music. Hopefully my question makes sense.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It's all tied to the AppleID you use... you can subscribe to iTunes Match under one AppleID - and any device you use that AppleID on to access iTunes & AppStore will be covered fro those, and iTunesRadio as well... I think they limit you to 10 devices per AppleID - computers, phones, iPads...

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
It's all tied to the AppleID you use... you can subscribe to iTunes Match under one AppleID - and any device you use that AppleID on to access iTunes & AppStore will be covered fro those, and iTunesRadio as well... I think they limit you to 10 devices per AppleID - computers, phones, iPads...

What I'm wondering is: will using the same ID on iTunes Match on two different phones somehow interfere with our activity with the App Store? I may not be verbalizing my question well.

bdiddy23

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes you would have to use the same apple ID on both phones. You do not log into iTunes radio or iTunes match separately, it is all connected to your apple ID

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen