Update screen won't clear out updated apps

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
As per previous reply,go into settings,take off automatically ,change date forward one year.mine cleared

Seems like a lot of work ... especially for something that continues to recur with every app update ...

Tell me, who really lives on the update tab of the App Store anyway to see and be bothered by something so insignificant?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
If its by design, its rubbish! Why would I want to now what's been updated in the past?

Says you. Sometimes it’s necessary to see where you’ve been... especially if something goes "sideways" somewhere down the road...

KamranMackey

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, it's not supposed to automatically clear the apps in the Updates list after you have force quit the App Store, and that is due to design.

g4ron

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the "change date" tip. It worked to correct what is clearly a design flaw. If it could be switched on and off it would please everyone. Listing all updated apps is of no help to me at all. Apple should note "if it isn't broken don't fix it!"

Doc Z

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
What drives me nuts is that my app store app ALWAYS displays a red "2" on it even after I've updated all the apps. As in telling me it needs to update 2 apps - but I have everything updated at that point.

BTSee

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
If its by design, its rubbish! Why would I want to now what's been updated in the past?

I like seeing what's been changed on the apps after they update. It doesn't harm anything to have a running tab of what was updated recently.

joe6pac

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Completely lame! It would be nice to have an option to clear the list! I currently have six pages showing open on the completed updates.
Clearly no one thought this through! It's still a kick *** app and OS, but what a pain in the *** I wish they would fix this one! JOE6PAC OUT.

jzinsath

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
If you wanted to clear all of them, I figured out the perfect solution. Go to settings>date and time toggle off the set automatically and change it one month ahead. Then go to the App Store and they should disappear. If they don't then change the date 2 months ahead. After they disappear, then go back to date and time and toggle on the set automatically. It should work.😀

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
One question - why even bother going to a tab that is automatically maintained by the iOS. It will update the app when on WiFi on the charger before your icloud backup and you never have to worry about it. Unless the app starts acting weird wherein you can go to the update tab and see when was it last updated. Just my 2 cents

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73