Alerts on screen?

JsGrandma

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded iOS7 this am on my 4s with no issues at all. 2 hrs start to finish and all my settings remained the same except for when I get an email or iMessage.

I'm still running iOS6 on my iPad 4 and have checked the settings on both and just cannot figure out why when I get an email or iMessage on my phone it doesn't light up the screen as it does on my iPad ? They do show in the Notification Center on my phone when I click on the home button but why don't they act the same on my phone?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded iOS7 this am on my 4s with no issues at all. 2 hrs start to finish and all my settings remained the same except for when I get an email or iMessage.

I'm still running iOS6 on my iPad 4 and have checked the settings on both and just cannot figure out why when I get an email or iMessage on my phone it doesn't light up the screen as it does on my iPad ? They do show in the Notification Center on my phone when I click on the home button but why don't they act the same on my phone?

When you go to Settings>Notifications on your device check to see if you have "banners" or "alerts" set for both email and messages. If you have "none" set then I don't think you will get any sort of visual notifications.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro