Downloaded iOS7 & now music will not sync to my phone.

rhardison423

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I had to delete all of my music off of my phone so that I could download the file for iOS7. Now that it downloaded, I have room for my music again. So, I go to iTunes, go to purchased, click on the cloud so that it will download to my phone. It downloads but when I go to my purchased songs in my music, nothing is showing up! It's becoming quite frustrating considering how many songs that I have. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
You have the phone plugged into the computer? Did you check the phone in iTunes to make sure it's set to sync music to it? You verified the Purchased playlist is checked to sync to the phone?

My music synced fine.

yrabl

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I have a similar problem, after the upgrade the songs metadata has been downloaded to the phone but the songs aren't available, there's a red square sign next to them and the sync status is stuck in applying changes.

Jimmy Gee

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem with an iPhone 5 with iTunes 11.1.

Sync was stuck at "waiting for changes to be made" forever and then it only synced half of my songs did not sync. They are organized into 3 playlists. When I go into the playlists on my iPhone 5 it shows red X next to songs. In iTunes it shows them as synced.

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I got sometimes in iOS6. Had to unplug and replug in. Sometimes unselect playlist, resync, then select playlist and resync. Does seem like it happens more with iTunes 11 though.

Jimmy Gee

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I got sometimes in iOS6. Had to unplug and replug in. Sometimes unselect playlist, resync, then select playlist and resync. Does seem like it happens more with iTunes 11 though.
Yea, I have over 9,000 songs. Takes forever. I've re-synced 3 times with the same problem. I covert songs to 128kbps which means it takes hours for it to sync.

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Could be something due to the size then. I've got 2,700 songs on mine, and I think my largest playlist is like 1500 songs. Nowhere near the size of your collection.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I can transfer 3190 songs (or 16 GB) without any problems in 30 mins... Your USB connection might be going "idle" or something when there's inactivity...

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) using Tapatalk - now Free

DaveJT

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
davidtrotsky@gmail.com

I found there are two spots to turn on iTunes match. In setting/itunes app store and also settings/music.

Hope this helps

Hamish Betts

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Ive noticed that it does not happen with music downloaded from itunes... but older albums, and music acquired from sources other than itunes... I had to reset my phone as a new phone, after I spent 40 hours over 3 months, reloading my songs onto the phone. There were no issues for two weeks, and now it is starting again. So, unless it is to do with embedded permissions within music libraries and sources, I'm not sure... but OS7 does delete music indiscriminately off devices... Not everyones though, I have a few friends affected, but many who are not. I am deleting all of my music out of itunes and reloading the cd's into my computer... Over 5000 songs, so this will be time consuming... I'm hoping this works, otherwise, after weeks of searching forums, and speaking to apple representatives... I can tell you that there is no way to fix this that I have found. (Other than a complete reset... set up as new phone etc.)

Shawn Sims

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if this will help your situation but I ran into a similar situation and not sure when it actually happened I just tried to DL my music back to my phone yesterday and I had the same issue. After lots of other testing I noticed that Itunes couldn't locate my songs even though they were in my library the original destination on my computer was different. I erased all music from my library and then searched for media again and it found the new locations and then they sync to my phone went through with all my music no problem.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods