Cannot play Podcasts anymore unless connected to the Internet

RedRockWallaby

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I have found that I cannot sync podcasts to my iphone anymore unless I download the podcast app, which I have done. However if I am not connected to the internet, my podcasts will not play - whereas in the previous IOS6 I could save them to a music playlist and listen to them all the time. This means that when I go into a bad signal area or go on a flight (especially long haul) I cannot listen to any of my saved podcasts, neither can I listen to any of my podcasts abroad on holiday unless I pay roaming charges. Is there anyway to save podcasts onto my phone in a music playlist as I was doing before so I can play them when I am not connected to the internet? :mad:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just downloaded a recent episode of one of my podcasts, put my device in "airplane mode" w/no Wi-Fi and started listening to the show. Make sure you go to Settings>Podcasts and change the settings to your liking, if you haven't already...:)

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Hrm, that's weird. I don't see that issue. Just tried in airplane mode. But I am going into the specific area in the Podcast app and playing a podcast. I don't have them in a playlist.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR