Safari on ios7?

Blazer50

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I updates to ios7 yesterday, and while I really enjoy the feel and look of the new OS, I'm not a huge fan or Safari. I don't understand why there is no way to see how many tabs you have open without first clicking the tabs page. I don't mind the flick to close apps, and I for one, really enjoyed enjoyed the "reader" function. Other than that I do like the updated OS. Is there any way to get the reader function and can I see how many tabs are open easier?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
To get the reader function, just tap on the lines icon to the left of the address bar. Tap on it again to get the web page back. Note: All sites are not formatted for the reader function, but for those that are, the aforementioned method works well.

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I updates to ios7 yesterday, and while I really enjoy the feel and look of the new OS, I'm not a huge fan or Safari. I don't understand why there is no way to see how many tabs you have open without first clicking the tabs page. I don't mind the flick to close apps, and I for one, really enjoyed enjoyed the "reader" function. Other than that I do like the updated OS. Is there any way to get the reader function and can I see how many tabs are open easier?

There isn't any other way to see your tabs. It's just like safari in iOS 6 and earlier. There is a tab button, and that's how you see your tabs. It's pretty simple as is. As for the "reader" function, it doesn't look like it's there anymore. That kind of bums me out, because I liked using it. It's not that bad though, I'm really liking safari. I deleted chrome. I like chrome. But Safari is winning at the moment.

Blazer50

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
There isn't any other way to see your tabs. It's just like safari in iOS 6 and earlier. There is a tab button, and that's how you see your tabs. It's pretty simple as is. As for the "reader" function, it doesn't look like it's there anymore. That kind of bums me out, because I liked using it. It's not that bad though, I'm really liking safari. I deleted chrome. I like chrome. But Safari is winning at the moment.

What I mean by the tabs, there used to be a little number on top of the tabs to show how many you have open. I know it is a negligible nuance of the os but I like having that little number haha!

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
What I mean by the tabs, there used to be a little number on top of the tabs to show how many you have open. I know it is a negligible nuance of the os but I like having that little number haha!

I agree with you. It seems odd to remove that. It creates an extra step in a sense.