iOS 7 My phone is in recovery mode

kcruzer

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
When I downloaded iOS 7 it took a while for the whole process and even took a few trys to actually verify the update. After all of this my phone restarted and took me to a screen that told me to connect it to iTunes (The screen kind of looked like it was in iOS 7 format). I connected to iTunes on my PC (Windows 7) and I had to update all of my software on this laptop and update the newest version of iTunes because I hadn't really used it as frequently in the past as I have been doing now. After I connected to iTunes it popped up with my phone (which had a picture of an iPhone with iOS 7 format) and said that my phone was in recovery mode and that I needed to restore it. So I clicked restore and it started loading and said something along the lines of "contacting the iPhone Apple server". This went on for quite a while ( with the screen that told me to connect to iTunes still showing the entire time) and I have finally given up. My mom had a Mac so I was wondering if that would make it work or if my phone is just messed up. Please help! Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Don't rule out that Apple's servers could be overloaded again. Many people had a difficult time downloading the iOS 7 upgrade as well as waiting hours for the device to be activated. Just keep trying.

Nodnerb

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
And you might have to leave it overnight even. My wifes ipad 4 took over 2.5 hours before we had to go to bed for work the next day and it wasn't even halfway through the download. But, it was ios7 in the morning.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2