itunes not showing phone now.

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
fired up itunes, it saw the phone but said i needed to update . Installed the update 11.1, rebooted. Now it wont see the phone??
restarted the phone...
Restarted pc...
plug in the phone it asks if i want to trust it.. yes. pc sees it as portable device (not a camera)

any ideas?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If it's similar to the Mac version, select the iTunes View option and select "show sidebar" and see if you can see it then.

ght

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Rebooting my router always fixes this for me.

EDIT: Assuming you are talking about WiFi sync.

EDIT2: Which you apparently are not. Sorry.

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
The apple support pages recommend removing newsstand from a folder if you have it in one. I did that and that worked.

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
solution in case others need

Windows 8 x64 bit.

in your device manager, under the USb section there should be an Apple Mobile Device USB Driver. if its NOT there (im guessing it isnt)

Check Portable Devices > right click the Apple Iphone > Update drivers

browse to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers and click ok > next

it should find it and install... restart iTunes... poof!!

iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Windows (Verify that the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver is installed)

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Thank you! I've been having trouble with my iPad not being recognised with my PC today and the only help Apple would give is to suggest I reinstall iTunes over and over then when that didn't work they wanted me to return it to an Apple Store

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
you're welcome! Glad I could help! (Knew i was not alone lol)

I had already done that.. i KNEW it had to be something else since windows saw the phone....

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73