iOS 7 so far

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
The thin fonts and icons are the worst thing about the upgrade. Definitely can't use a light colored background. One of my favs is the back gesture. I always thought it was dumb to have the back button in the upper left corner of the screen.

You can make the font bold. Go to settings-general-accessibility. Then turn bold font on. It helps a lot!

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

MrZ_Tech

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I love iOS 7. My favorites are the new notification center, control center, scrollable folders, and iTunes Radio I even deleted pandora and spotify. The only thing I don't like is that some apps don't have the updated keyboard. I thought all apps would have the new transparent keyboard; I guess it's up to the developer to implement it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I love iOS 7. My favorites are the new notification center, control center, scrollable folders, and iTunes Radio I even deleted pandora and spotify. The only thing I don't like is that some apps don't have the updated keyboard. I thought all apps would have the new transparent keyboard; I guess it's up to the developer to implement it.

I think most developers have updated their apps. I wish iMore would update the keyboard on the iMore forums app.

Taco50

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Been using it all day now. Siri seems much more responsive then before. Functionality is awesome in multitasking, how smooth the OS is (on iPad 2 & iPhone 4S), notifications center. My battery life seemed a little worse, but I played with the phone a lot today. iTunes Radio is much better than pandora.

Still don't like the icons though lol. I'm looking forward to what Apple will do in the future with this OS. I feel like this is a big step forward.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm lovin' iOS 7 so far. The control center, multi-tasking and safari tabs are awesome. I'm even used to the icons already.
I'm with you on this also, pr1nce!! :yes:

In addition, I must admit I'm having a bit of a time adjusting to the new font - i have the bold & contrast turned on as well. My eyes aren't what they used to be, and even prior to iOS7 there were times I needed my reading glasses to see my screen, so by all means, I'm not complaining.

A few other little things I noticed that made me smile were the new rings tones Apple added !! Also, the alarm shows a snooze count down now lol. I still have more exploring to do, and I'll play as much as I can today while still being productive at home;) I want to go through every single menu option, regardless of whether I'm familiar with it or not - a refresher course on the new iOS won't do any harm!

As for battery life, after I updated last night, I charged fully & unplugged about 9:15pm. since then I've been using my phone a decent amount, even in the wee hours when I woke up and couldnt sleep. currently looking at 83% with 1h23mins usage and 10h55mins standby....seems good to me:yes:

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
So far I'm really liking it! If I can get my darn Google calendar to sync I'll be all set...grrr!!!

Notif center in lockscreen and Control center are superb...2 reasons I had stayed with my jailbreak because of how useful those type of tweaks were...loving the new look and feel. It's kind if Christmas in September!!

Lots to play with still...maybe I should call in sick to work! lol

Happy Friday everyone!

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
so far.. love it. Most apps are working fine...Most... Uconnect Remote Access App for my Jeep (remote start/unlock/etc) will not work. It seems to be a verizon only thing for iOS7 lol nice one.

My son loves it too. Wife took a 30 second look at mine and said nope (she hates change lol)

I wish there were more live/active/dynamic wallpapers... I would LOVE a weather one like my Nook has... rains/lighting/etc all on the main screen - very cool

Nodnerb

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Over all I like it. Still not a fan of the colors and the bright white everywhere. Especially safari. It's just so bland. But the functionality is awesome.
I have found I'm getting a lot more app crashing, even the settings crashes. But I'm sure that will be ironed out in updates.

csal80

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
My 3 biggest criticisms so far are:

1. I was so excited for a flipboard like backswipe feature. I was glad apple implemented it, but it is much harder to initiate than flipboard. Is there any reason you have to go to the very edge of the screen? Also I feel like it is inconsistent and doesn't always initiate. Also it is a bit janky.
2. Lock screen takes too long to wake.
3. You should be able to swipe left to open the lock screen not just right like the traditional way. Call me stupid but now that they removed the bar, it is not as intuitive and I find myself swiping the wrong way. The other way doesn't do anything so why not make it open as well?

By the way, I do love the OS so far!!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I noticed through the iOS 7 beta that there was a stutter/delay with hearing the camera shutter sound when doing screen prints on my iPhone 5. That continues even with the GA release... thankfully it’s not happening on my iPhone 5S.

lytefall

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Liking it do far. I have only problems had a couple minor issues. When I first updated to 7 my phone immediately wouldn't recognize that it was plugged in. I had to restart the phone before it recognized it was connected via USB. Occasionally is safari the scrolling motion is jerky. Not always, but enough that its a little annoying.

Other than that, I am not a big fan of the icon look but it's not a big deal to me. I see iOS 7 as a good improvement overall.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I noticed through the iOS 7 beta that there was a stutter/delay with hearing the camera shutter sound when doing screen prints on my iPhone 5. That continues even with the GA release... thankfully it?s not happening on my iPhone 5S.

The shutter sound is instant on my 4S & 5th gen iPod touch on the GM release... During the betas I had no shutter sound at all...

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) using Tapatalk - now Free

yzjustdatguy

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Loving iOS 7. Been that way since beta 1 in June. Only complaint is the battery life and a little lag sometimes but I'm sure apple will fix this soon enough as they always do.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
My 3 biggest criticisms so far are:

1. I was so excited for a flipboard like backswipe feature. I was glad apple implemented it, but it is much harder to initiate than flipboard. Is there any reason you have to go to the very edge of the screen? Also I feel like it is inconsistent and doesn't always initiate. Also it is a bit janky.

I had no idea this feature was added! Thank you very much for pointing it out. Also, I did notice that it's not as responsive when unlocking, but I always felt that iOS 6 was just so darn quick. I'm sure we'll get used to it.

By the way, anyone else notice that it's harder to drag the selection bar when text is highlighted? Or is that just me?

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I like the swipe from left to go back feature especially in safari. Esp when visiting sights like gsmarena etc. Safari also feels faster as well.

I don't know if everyone is aware of this but you can swipe to go forward too in Safari. If you swipe right to go back you can then swipe left to go forward again to last viewed page.

Taco50

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm noticing that my battery life seems worse. I know I'm using the phone more, but it still seems like it's draining more quickly than before.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know if the charge indicator changes when fully charged on iOS7 like it did on iOS6? Like, the little lightning bolt would switch to a plug when it was fully topped off. On iOS7, it seems like it stays a lightning bolt long after the phone indicates 100% charged... does it ever change?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know if the charge indicator changes when fully charged on iOS7 like it did on iOS6? Like, the little lightning bolt would switch to a plug when it was fully topped off. On iOS7, it seems like it stays a lightning bolt long after the phone indicates 100% charged... does it ever change?

It does not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2