iOS 7 so far

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't let you know when you have a missed call? That's pretty weird. I had a missed call and a voicemail and the little red badge showed up on the phone icon. Maybe it's because I also had a voicemail.

I had a missed call and a voice mail, and I THOUGHT the badge was correct, but now that I think back I am not sure. I know the badge changed at least, I just don't know if it increased by one (vm only) or two (vm anc missed call). I will keep my eye out!

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I started another post before I saw this thread, so I will copy and paste what I had typed:

I am thoroughly enjoying ios7! I like the icons, although they had to grow on me, and I love the new functionality and look. A couple of initial thoughts (and this is in no way a rant or complaining at all!):

1. Control Center - I love this. I love that I don't have to have a specific flashlight app installed, and don't have to go through the settings to switch on DND mode, etc.

2. Notification Center - I actually preferred the old version. I would assume this is because I don't use my phone the way many do, and therefore I do not need the 3 different views available. I am already used to it, so no harm done!

3. App Switcher and Safari Page View - One thing I will have to get used to is not having the home screen automatically become full screen when I close out all the apps I had running. The same goes for Safari when I close other pages and have one remaining. Not a big deal, just an adjustment.

4. I also love that I can FINALLY hide the newsstand in a folder without being jailbroken!

That's all I have right now! Haha. I love the new os, and can't wait to see what comes further down the road from Apple!

gamergurl89

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't much care for the bright white on everything, it's TOO bright and I have my brightness WAY down.
Apps are kind of cartoony but not terrible. Overall I like it! It's shiny :)

Chrysalis1156

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm loving iOS 7 so far. The only thing that might take me awhile to get used to is the calendar. I liked the list view in iOS 6. Now if I touch the search icon the list view comes up but if I close the app, when I reopen it I'm looking at a day view. If I'm missing something please let me know. All in all everything is working great for me & I'm glad I updated. :)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm loving iOS 7 so far. The only thing that might take me awhile to get used to is the calendar. I liked the list view in iOS 6. Now if I touch the search icon the list view comes up but if I close the app, when I reopen it I'm looking at a day view. If I'm missing something please let me know. All in all everything is working great for me & I'm glad I updated. :)

I don’t think that carries over from launch to launch... you will have to tap the Search icon each time you launch calendar, AFAIK.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
thoroughly enjoying this thing so far. one thing that i'm liking is the displaying of the charge percentage in the lockscreen for those like myself who choose to not keep their battery percentage indicator turned on at all times. the ipad did it already with ios 6 but it's good to see it on the iphone now with 7!!

Mits5139

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm really liking iOS 7 so far on my iPhone 5.

Download was frustratingly slow and ended up at work a little bleary eyed, however i was not prepared to go without having it installed. Safe to say it installed smoothly and my phone hasnt had any problems since. feels very smooth.

Have to admit took a few hours to acclimatise to the new icons. Reminded me of watching the first hd episode of Simpsons. Very bright and very bold however once you get used to it its nice.
The control centre was long overdue and is a total god send. No more heading for the settings menu every time i want to enable bluetooth/wifi.
I'm most impressed with the mail app. It feels very smooth, looks very smart with a clean interface.
I like the swipe from left to go back feature especially in safari. Esp when visiting sights like gsmarena etc. Safari also feels faster as well.

Hopefully putting my order in for an i5S. I'm quite interested in the fingerprint scanner. Sometimes swipe to unlock and then enter pin can get a bit frustrating. Would be nice just to put my finger on the scanner and let it unlock (poor excuse for an upgrade but the only way i keep selling it to myself lol). Also feed my gadget fix.

So far a big fan of iOS7. They've addressed the main reasons i've always kept dabbling with other platforms up until yesterday. Safe to say i'm now sticking with apple.

Nodnerb

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm really liking iOS 7 so far on my iPhone 5.

Download was frustratingly slow and ended up at work a little bleary eyed, however i was not prepared to go without having it installed. Safe to say it installed smoothly and my phone hasnt had any problems since. feels very smooth.

Have to admit took a few hours to acclimatise to the new icons. Reminded me of watching the first hd episode of Simpsons. Very bright and very bold however once you get used to it its nice.
The control centre was long overdue and is a total god send. No more heading for the settings menu every time i want to enable bluetooth/wifi.
I'm most impressed with the mail app. It feels very smooth, looks very smart with a clean interface.
I like the swipe from left to go back feature especially in safari. Esp when visiting sights like gsmarena etc. Safari also feels faster as well.

Hopefully putting my order in for an i5S. I'm quite interested in the fingerprint scanner. Sometimes swipe to unlock and then enter pin can get a bit frustrating. Would be nice just to put my finger on the scanner and let it unlock (poor excuse for an upgrade but the only way i keep selling it to myself lol). Also feed my gadget fix.

So far a big fan of iOS7. They've addressed the main reasons i've always kept dabbling with other platforms up until yesterday. Safe to say i'm now sticking with apple.

YES!!! That is an awesome new feature.

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I've been looking and haven't seen anything about this: did they remove the ability to only search email by from, to, subject or all? On my daughter's phone those options are not there. I like being able to narrow he scope of my searches to filter out garbage in the results.

- Matt

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm lovin' iOS 7 so far. The control center, multi-tasking and safari tabs are awesome. I'm even used to the icons already.

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Actually love that you can do this now too. 😁

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app😊

Right?! I don't really use newsstand, but I can see where people do. But for me, I don't. If I could delete it, I would. But that can't happen and I understand that. If it just has to sit in a folder, I'm fine with that.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I've been looking and haven't seen anything about this: did they remove the ability to only search email by from, to, subject or all? On my daughter's phone those options are not there. I like being able to narrow he scope of my searches to filter out garbage in the results.

- Matt

Go to Settings > General > Spotlight Search > and from there check/uncheck the parts of your device that you want to search. You can also reorder them so that mail, for example, is listed first...

virtualkyr

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I haven't upgraded my 5 yet, but my wife upgraded last night.

First thing that struck me, aside from the girly pastel colors, was the near identical resemblance to WebOS in terms of functionality!

I loved WebOS back in 2009 and it's great to see Apple implementing some of that awesome true multi tasking and card metaphor into their phones OS.

I'll probably upgrade mine later tonight.

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Go to Settings > General > Spotlight Search > and from there check/uncheck the parts of your device that you want to search. You can also reorder them so that mail, for example, is listed first...

Not talking about spotlight search. I mean from in the email app, when you use the search bar, you have four options for which fields to search on. They are not there on my daughter's phone and I have no other iOS7 devices to check.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Not talking about spotlight search. I mean from in the email app, when you use the search bar, you have four options for which fields to search on. They are not there on my daughter's phone and I have no other iOS7 devices to check.

Got it. I don’t see any either... what were they prior to her upgrade? I just see a generic search box...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Working on a screen shot.. Tapatalk wants me to sign in first :cuss:

They are from, to, subject, and all

It looks like it’s just a generic search box now... I don’t currently have any messages on my phone, so the search box isn't even there.

farb12

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
The thin fonts and icons are the worst thing about the upgrade. Definitely can't use a light colored background. One of my favs is the back gesture. I always thought it was dumb to have the back button in the upper left corner of the screen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR