iOS 7 so far

Taco50

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I've only been using it a few hours, but so far a lot of good improvements. Love full blown multitasking. Notification center looks so much better full screen on the iPad. Transitions are smooth(iPad 2). iTunes Radio is great. I noticed I can stream content from the cloud on my iPad now which is nice.

Biggest thing I don't like is the new icons. The flat look is ugly. Also I noticed when I pull down for universal search the transition is jerky. Not sure if anyone else is having that issue.

Oh and the update was smooth as can be.

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
the iOS 7 update won't show up on my phone to download. it still shows 6.1.3 which i don't want. anyone know how to fix this? itunes isn't an option either

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I love the new look. I dislike the Safari icon, but everything else in the system has garnered my attention so I don?t even notice. Most of my front page icons are 3rd party apps anyhow. There are few things I dislike about iOS 7 so far and I would never want to return to iOS 6. I love the new UI interactions, the gestures, the cards, the translucency, the control center, the white, the contrasting blue and green in messages. It is delightfully fresh OS. There is more work to be done, and this is just the beginning but it is a fine beginning. There is no way I will be jumping any ships soon.

Interestingly enough, I think we tech heads or tech writers aren?t good representation of the public. One of the icons we hate the most is the game center. My wife updated her iPad yesterday, and her first comment was "hey, I like the new game center icon." Thankfully Apple tries to do what?s best for John Public.

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
rewNation... are you on wifi? just wondering.. it probably wont even check unless you are (thats a guess).... and really, you should o dit throuhg itunes - it takes 1/4 the time

as far as iOS7 so far..

Spotlight search, Very happy they took that off the home button press.. still HATE that i cant turn it off!! i have NEVER once used it. Seems like it should be easy, remove all items that it can search... and poof it disables! nope... i get the spotlight search 1/2 the time i try to get the notification center.

Icon Dock... still surpised we are still limited to 4 items (even though JB has had 5 - or more - for a looooooooooong time) - and I dont like that i cant pick the color. it tries to make it go with the background. Id rather jus pick a nice dark color.. like black.

animations are great

loading seems slower... like facebook takes longer to even start to update.

I dont like the weather in the notification center... its tries to be "fancy" instead of functioning. Give a pic of what its doing, current temp, high low... thats it.

lastly... surprised that still, after all this time - icons cant update. Like the weather.... but at least they took the temp off lol

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Static, I thought the same thing when I first updated my 5 via OTA about the facebook being slower. I powered off my device for about a minute, then turned it back on and it was loading much faster. Actually faster then before the update.

As far as the spotlight search, you can swipe down anywhere on the screen to use it. Try it again but in the middle of the screen...works great I think.

I do agree with you about the weather in the notification center; I loved having the day and week view in ios6. I will miss that.

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
rewNation... are you on wifi? just wondering.. it probably wont even check unless you are (thats a guess).... and really, you should o dit throuhg itunes - it takes 1/4 the time

as far as iOS7 so far..

Spotlight search, Very happy they took that off the home button press.. still HATE that i cant turn it off!! i have NEVER once used it. Seems like it should be easy, remove all items that it can search... and poof it disables! nope... i get the spotlight search 1/2 the time i try to get the notification center.

Icon Dock... still surpised we are still limited to 4 items (even though JB has had 5 - or more - for a looooooooooong time) - and I dont like that i cant pick the color. it tries to make it go with the background. Id rather jus pick a nice dark color.. like black.

animations are great

loading seems slower... like facebook takes longer to even start to update.

I dont like the weather in the notification center... its tries to be "fancy" instead of functioning. Give a pic of what its doing, current temp, high low... thats it.

lastly... surprised that still, after all this time - icons cant update. Like the weather.... but at least they took the temp off lol

yes i'm on wi-fi

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Static, I thought the same thing when I first updated my 5 via OTA about the facebook being slower. I powered off my device for about a minute, then turned it back on and it was loading much faster. Actually faster then before the update.

As far as the spotlight search, you can swipe down anywhere on the screen to use it. Try it again but in the middle of the screen...works great I think.

I do agree with you about the weather in the notification center; I loved having the day and week view in ios6. I will miss that.

i will try a reboot...thanks

But the spotlight search.. I dont want it at all.. hate it. And my issue is the otterbox. 1/2 the time i swipe down for the note center, i get the spotlight instead. i wish i could turn it off

VeronicaTomlinson

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I agree the icons are really ugly. Found a few bugs too. I HATE that we no longer have a decline option when receiving a call. Also, if we missed a called, there previously was a little red badge on the phone icon. That has disappeared. So now if we don't pay close attention to the message on the screen when unlocking, you'll never know you missed a call. :(

Nodnerb

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

My wifes 4 was doing that too OTA. Then eventually it said there was an update. 20 times before that it said 6.1.3 is the most up to date software. I was instructed to "just keep trying" when I asked pretty much the same question here on the forum as other are having the same issue..

Come to think of it, it might have finally recognised the update after a reboot. Can't remember. Worth a shot, but I imagine you've already tried that.

Last edited:

doublebullout

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Using an iPad 3:

I really love that Notification Center and the Today screen are available on the Lockscreen. That has been my single biggest gripe through the years regarding iOS, and the main factor in my switch to WP8 on a Lumia 920 for my phone. I could see myself switching back to an iPhone 5S now.

Has anyone figured out the ideal wallpaper image size yet? The "Move and Scale" feature for wallpaper doesn't work very well. None of my previous favorite iPad wallpapers look right at all.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Using an iPad 3:

I really love that Notification Center and the Today screen are available on the Lockscreen. That has been my single biggest gripe through the years regarding iOS, and the main factor in my switch to WP8 on a Lumia 920 for my phone. I could see myself switching back to an iPhone 5S now.

Has anyone figured out the ideal wallpaper image size yet? The "Move and Scale" feature for wallpaper doesn't work very well. None of my previous favorite iPad wallpapers look right at all.

2550 x 1920 maybe?

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) using Tapatalk - now Free

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
My wifes 4 was doing that too OTA. Then eventually it said there was an update. 20 times before that it said 6.1.3 is the most up to date software. I was instructed to "just keep trying" when I asked pretty much the same question here on the forum as other are having the same issue..

Come to think of it, it might have finally recognised the update after a reboot. Can't remember. Worth a shot, but I imagine you've already tried that.

I actually didn't try that but it worked. I just turned it off and back on, went into the software update and it finally showed up

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I agree the icons are really ugly. Found a few bugs too. I HATE that we no longer have a decline option when receiving a call. Also, if we missed a called, there previously was a little red badge on the phone icon. That has disappeared. So now if we don't pay close attention to the message on the screen when unlocking, you'll never know you missed a call. :(

It doesn't let you know when you have a missed call? That's pretty weird. I had a missed call and a voicemail and the little red badge showed up on the phone icon. Maybe it's because I also had a voicemail.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

It doesn't let you know when you have a missed call? That's pretty weird. I had a missed call and a voicemail and the little red badge showed up on the phone icon. Maybe it's because I also had a voicemail.

I get the missed calls notifications... make sure that the badge icon setting is [ON] in notifications. Perhaps that got turned off somehow...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh