thoroughly enjoying this thing so far. one thing that i'm liking is the displaying of the charge percentage in the lockscreen for those like myself who choose to not keep their battery percentage indicator turned on at all times. the ipad did it already with ios 6 but it's good to see it on the iphone now with 7!!
    09-19-2013 02:03 PM
    I'm really liking iOS 7 so far on my iPhone 5.

Download was frustratingly slow and ended up at work a little bleary eyed, however i was not prepared to go without having it installed. Safe to say it installed smoothly and my phone hasnt had any problems since. feels very smooth.

Have to admit took a few hours to acclimatise to the new icons. Reminded me of watching the first hd episode of Simpsons. Very bright and very bold however once you get used to it its nice.
    The control centre was long overdue and is a total god send. No more heading for the settings menu every time i want to enable bluetooth/wifi.
    I'm most impressed with the mail app. It feels very smooth, looks very smart with a clean interface.
    I like the swipe from left to go back feature especially in safari. Esp when visiting sights like gsmarena etc. Safari also feels faster as well.

Hopefully putting my order in for an i5S. I'm quite interested in the fingerprint scanner. Sometimes swipe to unlock and then enter pin can get a bit frustrating. Would be nice just to put my finger on the scanner and let it unlock (poor excuse for an upgrade but the only way i keep selling it to myself lol). Also feed my gadget fix.

So far a big fan of iOS7. They've addressed the main reasons i've always kept dabbling with other platforms up until yesterday. Safe to say i'm now sticking with apple.
    09-19-2013 03:42 PM
    I'm really liking iOS 7 so far on my iPhone 5.

Download was frustratingly slow and ended up at work a little bleary eyed, however i was not prepared to go without having it installed. Safe to say it installed smoothly and my phone hasnt had any problems since. feels very smooth.

Have to admit took a few hours to acclimatise to the new icons. Reminded me of watching the first hd episode of Simpsons. Very bright and very bold however once you get used to it its nice.
    The control centre was long overdue and is a total god send. No more heading for the settings menu every time i want to enable bluetooth/wifi.
    I'm most impressed with the mail app. It feels very smooth, looks very smart with a clean interface.
    I like the swipe from left to go back feature especially in safari. Esp when visiting sights like gsmarena etc. Safari also feels faster as well.

Hopefully putting my order in for an i5S. I'm quite interested in the fingerprint scanner. Sometimes swipe to unlock and then enter pin can get a bit frustrating. Would be nice just to put my finger on the scanner and let it unlock (poor excuse for an upgrade but the only way i keep selling it to myself lol). Also feed my gadget fix.

So far a big fan of iOS7. They've addressed the main reasons i've always kept dabbling with other platforms up until yesterday. Safe to say i'm now sticking with apple.
    YES!!! That is an awesome new feature.
    09-19-2013 04:07 PM
    You can put newsstand in a folder. That's all I gotta say.
    erwaso and jburke82 like this.
    09-19-2013 04:17 PM
    I've been looking and haven't seen anything about this: did they remove the ability to only search email by from, to, subject or all? On my daughter's phone those options are not there. I like being able to narrow he scope of my searches to filter out garbage in the results.

- Matt
    09-19-2013 04:31 PM
    You can put newsstand in a folder. That's all I gotta say.
    Actually love that you can do this now too. 😁

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app😊
    09-19-2013 04:41 PM
    I'm lovin' iOS 7 so far. The control center, multi-tasking and safari tabs are awesome. I'm even used to the icons already.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    09-19-2013 04:59 PM
    Actually love that you can do this now too. 😁

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app😊
    Right?! I don't really use newsstand, but I can see where people do. But for me, I don't. If I could delete it, I would. But that can't happen and I understand that. If it just has to sit in a folder, I'm fine with that.
    09-19-2013 05:19 PM
    I've been looking and haven't seen anything about this: did they remove the ability to only search email by from, to, subject or all? On my daughter's phone those options are not there. I like being able to narrow he scope of my searches to filter out garbage in the results.

- Matt
    Go to Settings > General > Spotlight Search > and from there check/uncheck the parts of your device that you want to search. You can also reorder them so that mail, for example, is listed first...
    BTSee likes this.
    09-19-2013 05:40 PM
    I haven't upgraded my 5 yet, but my wife upgraded last night.

First thing that struck me, aside from the girly pastel colors, was the near identical resemblance to WebOS in terms of functionality!

I loved WebOS back in 2009 and it's great to see Apple implementing some of that awesome true multi tasking and card metaphor into their phones OS.

I'll probably upgrade mine later tonight.
    09-19-2013 05:57 PM
    Go to Settings > General > Spotlight Search > and from there check/uncheck the parts of your device that you want to search. You can also reorder them so that mail, for example, is listed first...
    Not talking about spotlight search. I mean from in the email app, when you use the search bar, you have four options for which fields to search on. They are not there on my daughter's phone and I have no other iOS7 devices to check.
    09-19-2013 06:05 PM
    Not talking about spotlight search. I mean from in the email app, when you use the search bar, you have four options for which fields to search on. They are not there on my daughter's phone and I have no other iOS7 devices to check.
    Got it. I don’t see any either... what were they prior to her upgrade? I just see a generic search box...
    09-19-2013 06:11 PM
    Got it. I don’t see any either... what were they prior to her upgrade? I just see a generic search box...
    Working on a screen shot.. Tapatalk wants me to sign in first :cuss:

They are from, to, subject, and all

iOS 7 so far-mailsearch.jpg
    09-19-2013 06:12 PM
    Working on a screen shot.. Tapatalk wants me to sign in first :cuss:

They are from, to, subject, and all
    It looks like it’s just a generic search box now... I don’t currently have any messages on my phone, so the search box isn't even there.
    09-19-2013 06:14 PM
    The thin fonts and icons are the worst thing about the upgrade. Definitely can't use a light colored background. One of my favs is the back gesture. I always thought it was dumb to have the back button in the upper left corner of the screen.
    09-19-2013 09:41 PM
    The thin fonts and icons are the worst thing about the upgrade. Definitely can't use a light colored background. One of my favs is the back gesture. I always thought it was dumb to have the back button in the upper left corner of the screen.
    You can make the font bold. Go to settings-general-accessibility. Then turn bold font on. It helps a lot!

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
    farb12 likes this.
    09-19-2013 09:44 PM
    I love iOS 7. My favorites are the new notification center, control center, scrollable folders, and iTunes Radio I even deleted pandora and spotify. The only thing I don't like is that some apps don't have the updated keyboard. I thought all apps would have the new transparent keyboard; I guess it's up to the developer to implement it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    09-19-2013 10:14 PM
    I love iOS 7. My favorites are the new notification center, control center, scrollable folders, and iTunes Radio I even deleted pandora and spotify. The only thing I don't like is that some apps don't have the updated keyboard. I thought all apps would have the new transparent keyboard; I guess it's up to the developer to implement it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    I think most developers have updated their apps. I wish iMore would update the keyboard on the iMore forums app.
    09-19-2013 10:49 PM
    Been using it all day now. Siri seems much more responsive then before. Functionality is awesome in multitasking, how smooth the OS is (on iPad 2 & iPhone 4S), notifications center. My battery life seemed a little worse, but I played with the phone a lot today. iTunes Radio is much better than pandora.

Still don't like the icons though lol. I'm looking forward to what Apple will do in the future with this OS. I feel like this is a big step forward.
    09-19-2013 11:09 PM
    I'm lovin' iOS 7 so far. The control center, multi-tasking and safari tabs are awesome. I'm even used to the icons already.
    I'm with you on this also, pr1nce!!

In addition, I must admit I'm having a bit of a time adjusting to the new font - i have the bold & contrast turned on as well. My eyes aren't what they used to be, and even prior to iOS7 there were times I needed my reading glasses to see my screen, so by all means, I'm not complaining.

A few other little things I noticed that made me smile were the new rings tones Apple added !! Also, the alarm shows a snooze count down now lol. I still have more exploring to do, and I'll play as much as I can today while still being productive at home I want to go through every single menu option, regardless of whether I'm familiar with it or not - a refresher course on the new iOS won't do any harm!

As for battery life, after I updated last night, I charged fully & unplugged about 9:15pm. since then I've been using my phone a decent amount, even in the wee hours when I woke up and couldnt sleep. currently looking at 83% with 1h23mins usage and 10h55mins standby....seems good to me
    09-20-2013 07:58 AM
    So far I'm really liking it! If I can get my darn Google calendar to sync I'll be all set...grrr!!!

Notif center in lockscreen and Control center are superb...2 reasons I had stayed with my jailbreak because of how useful those type of tweaks were...loving the new look and feel. It's kind if Christmas in September!!

Lots to play with still...maybe I should call in sick to work! lol

Happy Friday everyone!
    blackmagicwoman likes this.
    09-20-2013 08:38 AM
    so far.. love it. Most apps are working fine...Most... Uconnect Remote Access App for my Jeep (remote start/unlock/etc) will not work. It seems to be a verizon only thing for iOS7 lol nice one.

My son loves it too. Wife took a 30 second look at mine and said nope (she hates change lol)

I wish there were more live/active/dynamic wallpapers... I would LOVE a weather one like my Nook has... rains/lighting/etc all on the main screen - very cool
    09-20-2013 09:06 AM
    Over all I like it. Still not a fan of the colors and the bright white everywhere. Especially safari. It's just so bland. But the functionality is awesome.
    I have found I'm getting a lot more app crashing, even the settings crashes. But I'm sure that will be ironed out in updates.
    09-20-2013 09:25 AM
    I have found I'm getting a lot more app crashing, even the settings crashes. But I'm sure that will be ironed out in updates.
    I've noticed that as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    09-21-2013 12:40 AM
    My 3 biggest criticisms so far are:

1. I was so excited for a flipboard like backswipe feature. I was glad apple implemented it, but it is much harder to initiate than flipboard. Is there any reason you have to go to the very edge of the screen? Also I feel like it is inconsistent and doesn't always initiate. Also it is a bit janky.
    2. Lock screen takes too long to wake.
    3. You should be able to swipe left to open the lock screen not just right like the traditional way. Call me stupid but now that they removed the bar, it is not as intuitive and I find myself swiping the wrong way. The other way doesn't do anything so why not make it open as well?

By the way, I do love the OS so far!!
    09-21-2013 07:17 AM
63 123