iTunes Radio Likes and Dislikes

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Finding that I'm not that crazy about iTunes Radio. Finding myself fading back to Pandora. I like having it as another choice though for sure.

Sent from my iPhone on Tapatalk Pro...

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm really liking iTunes radio. I only stream it about 1-2hrs daily honestly, and I've found myself 2 80's stations and 1 Pink Floyd station that just really floats my boat right now. I bit the bullet and deleted TuneIn radio for now - worse case scenario, if I wind up unhappy with iTunes Radio, I can always re-download TuneIn radio :)

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Like Itunes allot. Having one issue with the playback. I have great data speeds on both my HSPA+ and LTE. I like to shut my LTE radio off and use the HSPA+ whenever I want to save battery. Most of the times the ITunes radio works great off the HSPA+ radio. Every so often when I go into ITunes and click on the radio I get a pop up saying I need either wifi of a data connection. So right away I make sure my Data has a good connection, Have 5 bars, I mean circles with around 15mb down and 3 up on the HSPA+ radio. If I click on the LTE the ITunes radio works again. AS I said then a while later the LTE will be off and ITunes works just great. Is this a bug? Anyone else experiencing this issue?
Thanks,
Vinny

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Like Itunes allot. Having one issue with the playback. I have great data speeds on both my HSPA+ and LTE. I like to shut my LTE radio off and use the HSPA+ whenever I want to save battery. Most of the times the ITunes radio works great off the HSPA+ radio. Every so often when I go into ITunes and click on the radio I get a pop up saying I need either wifi of a data connection. So right away I make sure my Data has a good connection, Have 5 bars, I mean circles with around 15mb down and 3 up on the HSPA+ radio. If I click on the LTE the ITunes radio works again. AS I said then a while later the LTE will be off and ITunes works just great. Is this a bug? Anyone else experiencing this issue?
Thanks,
Vinny

That just means the connection timed out, it happens every now and again, while music is playing the connection is idle cause the song downloads to the device as it plays and starts to download the next song when there's about 10 seconds left in the current song

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) using Tapatalk - now Free

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Do they update the channels with new music? For instance, it seems the The Voice channel plays the same songs - so once you go through all the songs, then that's it for that channel? no new tunes?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Do they update the channels with new music? For instance, it seems the The Voice channel plays the same songs - so once you go through all the songs, then that's it for that channel? no new tunes?

Yes they do update channels with new music but it varies per channel

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) using Tapatalk - now Free

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Something that bothered me yesterday was this. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1380364186.495631.jpg
I have iTunes Match so u shouldn't get any ads. It's new and I understand there may be glitches but 4 songs later I got the same ad again!!! That's highly annoying. l also dislike is how you can't dare specific songs, only stations and you can't like/dislike songs in the features am stations from apple. Otherwise I love it and use if all the time. I'm thankful I still have my unlimited data plan. 😁😁😁

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

mountainman

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having volume issues? Volume is quite soft even when turned all the way up. Same goes for music outside of iTunes Radio. Have checked volume restrictions and those are turned off.

I agree with you on this - I am a Pandora One subscriber and with high quality on, the fidelity of the Pandora songs is much better than iTunes Radio.

I always noticed that Pandora was not as good as straight up loaded songs, but it is really noticeable when compared to iTunes Radio. And really, for me anyway, it's important.

Waiting for jailbreak so we can get unlimited Pandora skips back.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
For anybody interested in knowing I just left an Apple Store and they replaced my phone no questions asked. Have yet to test for any volume issues but pleased they replaced my phone. Great experience 😊

Sent from my iPhone on Tapatalk Pro...

kd7irm

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Loving it so far, deleted all my other radio/music apps. Now hoping they will be so kind as to add an news option in the mix for us that want it. :)

Sent from my iPad4 using Tapatalk