iTunes Radio Likes and Dislikes

rdrum

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I've been playing around with iTunes radio and it's helped me to ditch the Pandora and Slacker apps (I haven't gotten rid of Spotify yet, though).

So far, I'm happy with the the programmed stations, as well as the artists that pop up on a particular artist station (e.g. Triumph, Pink Floyd, etc. show up on my Rush radio station).

I really only have one complaint about iTunes radio so far: I pay for iTunes Match and I am still limited in the number of skips. If I pay the premium on other services, I do not have a skip limit. Granted, I'm avoiding advertising by being a paid Match user, but I don't understand why Apple can't let me skip as much as I want to.

What features do you like or dislike about the new iTunes radio?

rdrum

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. However, if I'm listening to a mix of the 70's music I grew up on, I might not want to hear Boston (like, ever again...). Even if a user has a station tuned to play "Hits", that doesn't mean the user is always going to agree with the selections.

opeycunningham

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Ok I'm with you there. Still, more than six per hour? Also, doesn't it essentially learn your likes and push songs of similar "musical DNA?" Maybe just your newly-created channels do that...would make send that the "Hits" channels have a fixed playlist I guess.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I prefer "old Skool" music as well, but the created station I'm listening to this morning is downright jammin'. I'm ready for a party right now....(laughing)

queenren

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't like the list of R&B channels. They're all old school which is fine but I want a station of new stuff too (and not on the Hip Hop list!) I hope they come out with more. But I like it so far.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't like the list of R&B channels. They're all old school which is fine but I want a station of new stuff too (and not on the Hip Hop list!) I hope they come out with more. But I like it so far.

Try adding and creating a station by inputting a song you like and see how it turns out.

rdrum

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok I'm with you there. Still, more than six per hour? Also, doesn't it essentially learn your likes and push songs of similar "musical DNA?" Maybe just your newly-created channels do that...would make send that the "Hits" channels have a fixed playlist I guess.

Yeah, I guess I can be pretty picky sometimes about it. I think it is supposed to learn your preferences and adjust accordingly, but I haven't noticed it doing that just yet. But, a new service needs time to get worn in and for bugs to get worked out. In any event, I'm still thinking that Match subscribers shouldn't necessarily have the skip limitation.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I haven't used iTuned Radio yet, but a question to those who have....can this or does this replace Pandora? Meaning, is the song selection just as good? I would love to drop Pandora and free up some space on my phone!

rdrum

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I haven't used iTuned Radio yet, but a question to those who have....can this or does this replace Pandora? Meaning, is the song selection just as good? I would love to drop Pandora and free up some space on my phone!

I mentioned earlier that iTunes Radio has replaced Pandora and Slacker on my iOS devices - the selection seems fine to me, but your mileage may vary.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I mentioned earlier that iTunes Radio has replaced Pandora and Slacker on my iOS devices - the selection seems fine to me, but your mileage may vary.
Agreed. I will definitely be removing the others something today. I'm very pleased with the iTunes Radio app, thus far...:)

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
rdrum, I did see you mention that. I was wondering if other people felt the same way....but I will give it a shot when I am not at work and see if this takes place of Pandora for me!

Thanks rdrum and JustMe'D!!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW