I've been playing around with iTunes radio and it's helped me to ditch the Pandora and Slacker apps (I haven't gotten rid of Spotify yet, though).

So far, I'm happy with the the programmed stations, as well as the artists that pop up on a particular artist station (e.g. Triumph, Pink Floyd, etc. show up on my Rush radio station).

I really only have one complaint about iTunes radio so far: I pay for iTunes Match and I am still limited in the number of skips. If I pay the premium on other services, I do not have a skip limit. Granted, I'm avoiding advertising by being a paid Match user, but I don't understand why Apple can't let me skip as much as I want to.

What features do you like or dislike about the new iTunes radio?
    That is my biggest gripe. If I get iTunes Match then I don't get unlimited skips. Sucks. However if you pay the premium price on Pandora you still don't get unlimited skips.

My other dislikes are the fact that I can't ever use the thing while working out because I have no WiFi there. *shrugs*
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    09-19-2013 02:27 PM
    I haven't used iTuned Radio yet, but a question to those who have....can this or does this replace Pandora? Meaning, is the song selection just as good? I would love to drop Pandora and free up some space on my phone!
    iTunes definitely has a huge song library. So that's an advantage that will probably show itself now that the public has access to it. All varies.
    09-19-2013 02:31 PM
    Not sure if there is another forum on this already (imore forum search didn't show one), but myself and at least one other iOS 7 user can't get iTunes Radio to actually play any songs when selecting a station. It acts like it's playing, but all it does is skips them all. Anyone else have this issue?
    Here's the thread that I mentioned... may or may not help...

http://forums.imore.com/ios-7/262288...ml#post2082733
    09-19-2013 02:35 PM
    I really like the selection of songs on iTunes Radio. The Channel I'm listening to now has played Justin Timberlake, Bruno Mars, Rihanna and Robin Thicke. Next I'm gonna check out some old school. I might be getting rid of Pandora.
    09-19-2013 02:46 PM
    I don't use Pandora but I used to use iHeart Radio, now that iTunes Radio has come along, iHeart Radio is now long and gone off my iPhone. Love the selections that iTunes Radio give with the custom stations that I have created. 2 things that irk me a bit though about iTunes Radio is 1. No sleep timer - this is something that iHeart Radio has spoiled me with. 2. No Led Zeppelin Artist radio.
    BLiNK likes this.
    09-19-2013 03:42 PM
    I don't use Pandora but I used to use iHeart Radio, now that iTunes Radio has come along, iHeart Radio is now long and gone off my iPhone. Love the selections that iTunes Radio give with the custom stations that I have created. 2 things that irk me a bit though about iTunes Radio is 1. No sleep timer - this is something that iHeart Radio has spoiled me with. 2. No Led Zeppelin Artist radio.
    I agree with you about the sleep timer. I use that at night with Tunein Radio. Maybe it will be in an update.
    BLiNK likes this.
    09-19-2013 03:46 PM
    Is this a stock or custom station? There was another post where someone created a custom station with many different artists... by reducing the number of artist to about 10-13, it resolved the issue. Not sure if thats your issue, but might be a place to start.
    It was iTunes' own station (any of them). I haven't even tried a custom one yet.
    09-19-2013 03:46 PM
    It was iTunes' own station (any of them). I haven't even tried a custom one yet.
    Mine has been doing the same thing, albeit intermittently. On both iTunes created stations, and my custom stations. All of my custom stations are one artist stations ex. "Justin Timberlake Radio" (don't judge me).

Earlier, I was able to switch from a custom station that was skipping constantly to an iTunes created station and the iTunes station played fine. As soon as I tried to switch to my created station, it started skipping. Then when I went back to the iTunes created station, it began skipping instead of playing correctly like before. I tried turning my phone off, and duplicating with both wifi on/off and LTE.
    09-20-2013 02:07 PM
    I have an Alpine car stereo. It lets me play iPhone music, and recently started allowing me to see and use the iphone's controls rather than making me use Alpine's [crappy] controls. However, it wouldn't allow music from YouTube, Pandora, etc. It WILL play iTunes Radio, and I am thrilled!
    09-20-2013 02:40 PM
    i like it, a lot. i do not see myself ditching Spotify tho

that being said Spotify has radio as well so my iTunes Radio usage is not that much
    09-20-2013 03:12 PM
    What I don't like is that we don't have it here in Canada yet. Grrrr...
    09-20-2013 03:17 PM
    Sleep Timer workaround for iTunes Radio

while music playing go to Clock > Timer > When Timer Ends > Stop Playing

Set Timer > Start

this should get you by until it is implemented into the Music app

I agree with you about the sleep timer. I use that at night with Tunein Radio. Maybe it will be in an update.
    09-20-2013 03:20 PM
    No Led Zeppelin Artist radio.
    Make your own custom station based on Zepp... it can be done.
    BLiNK likes this.
    09-20-2013 03:28 PM
    Anyone else having volume issues? Volume is quite soft even when turned all the way up. Same goes for music outside of iTunes Radio. Have checked volume restrictions and those are turned off.
    Last edited by MrMars; 09-21-2013 at 12:05 PM.
    09-20-2013 05:57 PM
    I wish a shuffle option was available to comingle multiple channels.
    Found out if you edit a channel, you can add other channels to make a shuffle playlist.

Brought to you via Tapatalk.
    09-21-2013 11:08 AM
    On a couple occasions today I've opened the music app and the radio icon is missing. If I close it out and remove it from the open apps it appears. Some kind of bug?

Sent from my iPhone on Tapatalk Pro...
    09-23-2013 09:51 PM
    Finding that I'm not that crazy about iTunes Radio. Finding myself fading back to Pandora. I like having it as another choice though for sure.

Sent from my iPhone on Tapatalk Pro...
    09-25-2013 12:45 PM
    I'm really liking iTunes radio. I only stream it about 1-2hrs daily honestly, and I've found myself 2 80's stations and 1 Pink Floyd station that just really floats my boat right now. I bit the bullet and deleted TuneIn radio for now - worse case scenario, if I wind up unhappy with iTunes Radio, I can always re-download TuneIn radio
    MrMars likes this.
    09-25-2013 01:14 PM
    Like Itunes allot. Having one issue with the playback. I have great data speeds on both my HSPA+ and LTE. I like to shut my LTE radio off and use the HSPA+ whenever I want to save battery. Most of the times the ITunes radio works great off the HSPA+ radio. Every so often when I go into ITunes and click on the radio I get a pop up saying I need either wifi of a data connection. So right away I make sure my Data has a good connection, Have 5 bars, I mean circles with around 15mb down and 3 up on the HSPA+ radio. If I click on the LTE the ITunes radio works again. AS I said then a while later the LTE will be off and ITunes works just great. Is this a bug? Anyone else experiencing this issue?
    Thanks,
    Vinny
    09-25-2013 03:26 PM
    I just saw this in iTunes Radio:

"Tune this station"
    iTunes Radio Likes and Dislikes-imageuploadedbytapatalk1380243459.832883.jpg

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) using Tapatalk - now Free
    09-26-2013 08:58 PM
    I just saw this in iTunes Radio:

"Tune this station"
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380243459.832883.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	199.8 KB 
ID:	38927

I just found that today too. Haven't tried it yet to see exactly what changes the "hits variety discovery" slider makes.

To find it, in the Now playing view, click the little "i" icon at the top.

I'm confused as to why Apple put it there and not in the screen where you can edit your station by changing its name, adding new artists, dislikes etc. it would seem to be a more natural for there.
    09-26-2013 09:20 PM
    Like Itunes allot. Having one issue with the playback. I have great data speeds on both my HSPA+ and LTE. I like to shut my LTE radio off and use the HSPA+ whenever I want to save battery. Most of the times the ITunes radio works great off the HSPA+ radio. Every so often when I go into ITunes and click on the radio I get a pop up saying I need either wifi of a data connection. So right away I make sure my Data has a good connection, Have 5 bars, I mean circles with around 15mb down and 3 up on the HSPA+ radio. If I click on the LTE the ITunes radio works again. AS I said then a while later the LTE will be off and ITunes works just great. Is this a bug? Anyone else experiencing this issue?
    Thanks,
    Vinny
    That just means the connection timed out, it happens every now and again, while music is playing the connection is idle cause the song downloads to the device as it plays and starts to download the next song when there's about 10 seconds left in the current song

09-26-2013 09:22 PM
    Do they update the channels with new music? For instance, it seems the The Voice channel plays the same songs - so once you go through all the songs, then that's it for that channel? no new tunes?
    09-26-2013 09:28 PM
    Do they update the channels with new music? For instance, it seems the The Voice channel plays the same songs - so once you go through all the songs, then that's it for that channel? no new tunes?
    Yes they do update channels with new music but it varies per channel

09-27-2013 07:56 AM
    Something that bothered me yesterday was this. iTunes Radio Likes and Dislikes-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1380364186.495631.jpg
    I have iTunes Match so u shouldn't get any ads. It's new and I understand there may be glitches but 4 songs later I got the same ad again!!! That's highly annoying. l also dislike is how you can't dare specific songs, only stations and you can't like/dislike songs in the features am stations from apple. Otherwise I love it and use if all the time. I'm thankful I still have my unlimited data plan. 😁😁😁

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    09-28-2013 06:33 AM
54 123