I want iOS 6 back

ruger141

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I am not happy with 7 after a full day using it. In no particular order,

1. Calendar is horrible, no month view to quickly see days marked out which you can tap on and see the times. Nope gotta see a day view and scroll through the hours of the day, more cumbersome.
2. The elegance that I loved about iOS is gone. To me iOS 7 feels childish, feminine and way too simple.
3. The search bar is gone from Safari... That was one of my mm most heavily used items.
4. I actually prefer the old way of closing apps and accessing the volume and screen lock. The new way is slower.
5. Siri doesn't sound as good and neither do the beeps before and after activating her.
6. Battery life is a good bit worse than it was.
7. Folders open up too big causing the apps to be a stretch for my thumb to reach to.

I would like to downgrade but unfortunately for some ungodly reason Apple decides for you that you can't?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site

1. Calendar is horrible, no month view to quickly see days marked out which you can tap on and see the times. Nope gotta see a day view and scroll through the hours of the day, more cumbersome.
2. The elegance that I loved about iOS is gone. To me iOS 7 feels childish, feminine and way too simple.
3. The search bar is gone from Safari... That was one of my mm most heavily used items.
4. I actually prefer the old way of closing apps and accessing the volume and screen lock. The new way is slower.
5. Siri doesn't sound as good and neither do the beeps before and after activating her.
7. Folders open up too big causing the apps to be a stretch for my thumb to reach to.

I would like to downgrade but unfortunately for some ungodly reason Apple decides for you that you can't?

1) fair enough
2) disagree, clearly comes down to taste, i think it's beautiful and simplistic.
3) the search bar is integrated in the www. bar. just tap and search away
4) again, obviously differs from person to person
5) the beeps are fine with me, and it's much faster, however I do agree siri (on some devices!) sounds still flawed. On my iPhone5 muffled like in the beta, on the iPad Mini perfectly fine, hope that's fixed very soon.
6) personally I would probably argue the exact opposite
7) you must have very short thumbs ;-)

i think you'll get used to it mate and at the end of the day probably have a good time.

Makaro Jacint

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely agree with you. I am also not impressed with the work apple did with iOS7. Even for the first glance it feels and looks like an ANDROID, which is absolutely unacceptable for an apple product. I don't want to even imagine the situation when some said at apple to the graphic designers that "hey folks, lets take a look on android and try to get the best features out of it." the top and bottom notification bars are the same, the multitasking window (double home button) is also the same as well how you kill the apps with a single scroll just like in android.
I absolutely hate the folders, they are nothing but a single colored square and not folders. This whole new design might look nice on a plain colored background but I like custom wallpapers and with the ones I used with iOS 6 they just don't look right with iOS7.
The camera, the calendar and everywhere this simple look makes it difficult where the buttons start and where it ends. e.g. in calendar it is difficult to see where one month start, and for the month September 2013 all you can see in the month view is "Se."(??!!)
Did anyone else notice that dialing takes longer and the response time on the phone app is also longer than before?

I used android for a long time (also nexus with the "raw" android on it) and never got used to their futuristic all minimal design, and I really loved apple to made the app icons and the design like having actual physical buttons and a bit of depth (or 3D feel) in everywhere, and that made iOS a long lasting design. But not with this new one I am afraid.

This is not what I would expect from an iOS, so if anyone knows how to go back to iOS6 please let me know ;)

bmartin3191

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I would go back in a heart beat. The white, black and gray are flat alright. They are also generic and lack any personality. It's looks like a cheap website that you would build for $9.95. Very disappointed.

mpham2

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
On mine I open calendar and click on the arrow, upper left. It goes to full month view with appts. Having a blue dot on them.

Makaro Jacint

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I have been moderated first time, so lets try again :)
I might hurt some people with my opinion who loves the new iOS but for me iOS7 feels and looks like Android. One of the main reasons for me escaping from android was iOS and now they are following the mainstream from other phones with this very unnatural colors, futuristic design. No more buttons to push just texts, which are just floating there, not knowing where one and another exactly start and ends.
oh, my biggest issue is the folders. Well they are just not folders anymore, only colored squares and that is a very cheap "redesign" of the folders. Like they did not have the time or just simply did not care about the folders any more...sadly.

Regarding functionality I get the multitasking thing and all but the calendar month view is just not good. e.g. September 2013 only shows "Se."
and the dialing...huh...it is just slow now! it does not have the same response quality as before, hope this get fixed because what I hated in android that everything they paid attention was apps but the dialing.

As of now I would rather go back to iOS6 to be honest, it might be old fashioned design but I did not feel like using some futuristic, over-colored, bright device I do not get.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

You might be able to downgrade if apple is still signing ios 6

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Regarding the Calendar, there is a month view. tapping september on the upper left of the screen brought me to month view, tapping the day brought me back to day view.

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

1. open calendar then tap the month in the upper left. Month view with dots to show like before.
2. imo this has a much more elegant look and feel. iOS6 was to gimmicky with the "leather" and "Wood" etc, but i cant fault for an opinion :)
3. no search bar needed, type a URL or SEARCH in the bar at the top. Its much better since EVERY browser out there does this... except the prev Safari. cant tell you how many times i typed a search in the url bar... thats why i went to Chrome on iOS.
4.yeah, its slower to close many apps... true. BUt what do you mean accessing volume? use the buttons?
5. I played with siri a bit after you said this.. it seems to me she sounds almost the same, but less mechanical... if you laugh at her, it almost sounds like she is happy when she responds. kinda cool
6. you need to wait a week, for battery. More than likely you were using the phone a lot more while testing and playing....
7. ......ok

maybe you can find the ipsw and do it quick before they stop signing it...

after 24 hrs with playing with it.. im very happy. Feels like i went out and got a new phone

dfine1966

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
For the calendar, tap the magnify glass on top right side in calendar app and you get a list of all your appointments to scroll. It is very easy.

anon(4706822)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

You can indeed downgrade, I did it. I had to restore from an old backup but it can be done.

How to Downgrade from iOS 7 Back to iOS 6 on your iPhone : iPad - YouTube

How to Downgrade from iOS 7 Back to iOS 6 on your iPhone / iPad - TheUnlockr

iClarified - iPhone - Where To Download iPhone Firmware Files From

you-can-do-it-.gif

therebdragons

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I am disappointed with the design as well. Too much Jony Ive. The oversimplified look makes it seem like he forgot to take down the wireframes. Thin unreadable fonts. Words where buttons should be. Flat is okay conceptually, but the design is just not ergonomic. I don't want to be told I just will get used to it. There are too many people complaining *strongly* about this for it to be a fringe issue.

Apart from that, many of the functionality upgrades are great.

rickg1

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I love how people a) use feminine as if it's a bad thing and b) the guy with the CoD avatar complains that it's childish and feminine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh