Bro-row

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
hy6aseny.jpg

I am pretty happy with my battery life.

deucedub#CB

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Two thing that you have to consider about ios 7 and battery drainage is 1. The parallax, if you have it turned on it does use quite a bit of battery. But the killer is 2. Background App Refresh. This is the real killer in battery drainage. I've been using the betas and once I've turned it off I've seen my battery life improve to back to normal. It's located in Settings > General > Background App Refresh.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Two thing that you have to consider about ios 7 and battery drainage is 1. The parallax, if you have it turned on it does use quite a bit of battery. But the killer is 2. Background App Refresh. This is the real killer in battery drainage. I've been using the betas and once I've turned it off I've seen my battery life improve to back to normal. It's located in Settings > General > Background App Refresh.

So with app refresh, are the apps listed there the only ones that are refreshing or are there others that just refresh on their own without making it onto 'the list'? :D I ask because i have it on still but the apps on 'the list' are switched off.

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
My battery life has been ok but I did notice that it doesn't tell you when your phone is completely done charging. The lightening bolt stays there even if is charges overnight. On iOS 6 the lightening bolt would change to a little plug to let you know it was done charging.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

In the early Betas the lightning bolt would flash when the phone was charging. It's a shame Apple decided to ditch that I quite liked it

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
Both iPad and iPhone 5 seem about the same. I'd guess there is a tendency to play with the new iOS a lot more in the first few days so users will run the battery down faster than under normal use.

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm running iOS 7 on a 4s and have noticed any change in battery usage. I watched the first half of the football game last night (which the Chiefs won to move their record to 3-0!) and battery usage was consistent with what I experienced before updating.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
My battery life has been ok but I did notice that it doesn't tell you when your phone is completely done charging. The lightening bolt stays there even if is charges overnight. On iOS 6 the lightening bolt would change to a little plug to let you know it was done charging.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

If your lock screen is on, when the battery is charging, you see the battery icon with a percentage and it says "charging". When it’s fully charged, the battery icon disappears from the lock screen and the percentage charged message changes to "100% Charged".

If the lock screen is not active, just tap the lock button to activate it and see what the screen says.

Again, Battery icon = charging. No Battery icon = fully charged.

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
You may want to check your settings after the upgrade. I did notice on mine that through the upgrade Bluetooth was turned on - iOS 7 services use it more for some of the new features. If you went from not using it to having Bluetooth checking, that could cause some additional drain., Maybe some other settings are different on your device now, worth taking a check...

gimpbabe

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
It looks like I accidentally turned it on while showing a friend the Control Center. Fingers are crossed for my usual battery life.

You may want to check your settings after the upgrade. I did notice on mine that through the upgrade Bluetooth was turned on - iOS 7 services use it more for some of the new features. If you went from not using it to having Bluetooth checking, that could cause some additional drain., Maybe some other settings are different on your device now, worth taking a check...

moloes

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I drained my battery completely on my iPhone 5 and noticed the battery was performing slightly better than before updating to iOS 7. I have also turned off app background updates.

rickg1

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I was worried on day 1 with my iphone 5 seeing a pretty fast drain. In fact, it died overnight (forgot to plug it in) which it never does when it has reasonable battery left. I fully recharged it, did a reset all settings (more as a 'just in case' than for a specific reason) and it feels about the same as before. I'm wondering if there was a lot of Spotlight indexing etc going on. We'lll see.

dirt101

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that every time I pulled the notification center open it turned GPS on to fetch the weather, I dont need to know the weather every time I do that so I disabled it on my 4S, just something else to be aware of.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I noticed that every time I pulled the notification center open it turned GPS on to fetch the weather, I dont need to know the weather every time I do that so I disabled it on my 4S, just something else to be aware of.

honestly i do not believe it uses that much battery. maybe try it a day with it off but i bet you will not even know a difference

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I got my day going at 6:27 AM and my 4s had a fully charged battery. I've used my phone a little more than usual today and about seven hours later my battery has gone from 100% to 54%. This is fairly normal for me.
100 627.PNG54 3944.PNG

rjkgr

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
it drains my battery so fast! cant believe it haha its like using all my apps and not closing them and then brightness is on full

McIPhone

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I reported earlier in the thread my battery was draining twice as fast. I heard all the voices saying wait a few days for it to "settle in." Happy to report they were right. Battery may be a little better now than with ios6.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods