iOS 7 a bit slow on iPad 3

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed in settings when I am choosing wallpapers it takes a while for it to set. Anyone else having this problem? Also why can't I close newsstand with gesture

chicagomatt

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes! Same issue here. Extremely long wait-times after selecting a wallpaper in iOS 7 on iPad 3. Typing on the keyboard is also laggy.

Here's hoping we get an update soon.

Chadha

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I was about to create the same thread. My iPad 3 Gen is working too slow on iOS 7. It is like I'm trying to Run Jelly Bean 4.2.2 on Samsung galaxy Ace or iOS 7 on iPhone 3gs. It is running too slow. I hope it gets okay after the update. Does anyone else know what to do?

Sent from my GSIII using Tapatalk

chicagomatt

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Same here. Wallpapers load very slowly, with as much as a 10-second lag after tapping an image. Keyboard is laggy, too.

I think we just have to wait until an update is released.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Try a fresh install my ipad 4 runs fine I know it's not a 3 but specs are similar

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
i have an iPad3 here and think it's ok. somewhere between iPad Mini (relatively smooth) and iPad2 (relatively scrappy). I doubt a fresh install is going to change a lot, just sit back and wait for the first minor updates coming in, probably happening soon enough. :)

Godzilla007

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
i have the same issue, when i tried to choose another background it took a long time to come up with the preview. also i noticed that when i try to unlock the device and write down my PIN it takes time and its lagging

anon(5789608)

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
A design bug in ipad 3? Or hardware limitation?
mysehubu.jpg

Paradocks

May 5, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue on my iPad 3. Wallpaper updates take a few seconds to change after I make my selection. This is really the only performance issue I have experienced so far.

Sent from somewhere

Alik Malix

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Yeh, I got an iPad 3 - Loading the background is taking too long, I wish there was at least a confirmation like a blink of the button you just pushed to know that your touch was registered. Other then that, I notice a little hick-up when playing with shifting background and its an unpleasant skewing of the dynamic background a moment before it rotates. Tried most apps, all work great, so far.

Right after install, I went into settings to see changes and etc. and found Bluetooth turned on - but there was no bluetooth logo in the right top corner near the clock. I've noticed that when turning Bluetooth on/off in Control Center there is no Bluetooth logo shows up in the corner near the clock. I'm not sure yet if it actually turns it on.

Cant think of anything else yet. But overall opinion - I really think it's not 100% finished. Like the photo organization - works well, but design wise, meh. Same with albums - I liked how in iOS6 the photos were kinda like dropped in different angle, with iOS7 they're all aligned behind eachother, doesn't look so good - I think the design isnt finished.

In iOS 6 it was a habit to swipe up with four fingers to access multitasking window, and it felt natural. With iOS7 you can do the same thing, but the way multitasking appears is not coherent with your gestures.

But these are all design issues I have, the overall iOS7 feel is good. I'm hoping they're streamlining it (I heard iPads weren't going to get it right away) so we probably have the "too" early version. LOL.

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
iPad 4 here and I'm having the wallpaper issue to a lesser extent. Takes a good 3 seconds...makes me think I didn't hit it right.

What's troubling me more is a visually stuttery effect in iMessage; obviously not a huge deal but this thing ran butter smooth on iOS6.

Also Safari. It crashed twice in a day and that's an extremely rare event on my iPad. The web pages seem to load a bit slower, too, which is troubling. Wi-fi only version.

I didn't do a fresh install and I did it OTA. Makes me consider doing one when I update my 4S. I've never restored as new before.

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I noticed the lag yesterday, first day installed. Especially on the keyboard. But it seems much better today, although the wallpaper is a little slow. But All-in-all I really like it much better.

Chadha

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Apple solved the battery issues on iPhone 5 and 4s on the iPhone but put the ipads on suffering ipad. They should take out the update for ipad too.

Sent from my GSIII using Tapatalk

skelterrrr

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
On my ipad 3 I've noticed a lot of lag when going in landscape mode on the home menu
Also with safari the experience is worse, you can't move around pages after you begin a movement in vertical. Looks like an android browser

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro