iOS 7 a bit slow on iPad 3

gserraes

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I was googling this issue and came into this, for my experience, my ipad 3rd gen is slow, laggy, setting wallpapers is a slow task, keyboard is slow, hope a fix is coming soon

karen s-s

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I have found my ipad less responsive since downloading iOS 7, but my main concern is recharging my ipad
It took 12 hours to get the battery to 63%
I have only had this trouble since upgrading it
Is it a coincidence? Or is anyone else experiencing the same problem?

joshrocker

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Karen, my battery charging has been normal. My battery seems to be draining faster then usual but nothing that causes me to much alarm.

My Ipad 3 is laggy since updating. I've also had it crash on me several times which rarely happened on 6. I hope a fix is coming soon. I really hope the 3 doesn't get left behind because they released the 4 so quickly after the 3 was released.

jgraves1107

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Clean install with same results. Lags like crap and locks up or reboots. This is just crap for the ipad. They better hurry and fix it or someone is going to buy me a new device I can use. My ipad 3 has been rock solid til ios 7. I can't do my work because of it.

ios7ruinedmyipad

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Bit slow is an understatement. My ipad 3 is no longer usable since ios 7 update. Previously under ios 5 and then 6 i used it all the time for emails, browsing, work and play. Never any problems.

Until i updated last week!!

Now touch response is awful. Keyboard can't keep up with even 1 finger typing. Browsing is super laggy even with just one tab open. Screen freezes. Everything is slow laggy and painful. The previous crisp responses i miss so much are gone and i have a device which is now a dog. I have 10gb free storage and i close all but the app im using to free up ram but nothing helps. I think ios 7 is just too needy for this device.

I wish i had been warned this could happen and i would never have updated. Im upset with apple for pushing out an os which this device cant handle. I really hope this gets fixed with an update or a rollback asap or i will be buying a nexus.

nomusa53

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
IOS 7.0.2 on ipad3 ... Waited a week, installed yesterday 9/28 ...

- so white and bright gives me eye strain, even when brightness dialed WAY down
- using native Twitter, can no longer delete tweets on home page (really need to proofread now)
- power buttton not as responsive as before. Have to hit 2-3 times before ipad will close
- big time lag installing wallpaper and buttons give NO indication if pressing them, to install on home or lock screen was effective
- used to be able to do screenshot, edit/crop white edges and use as wallpaper. It now cuts off the bottom of pix being used from pix gallery. Spent like 45 mins trying to get the whole pic to be dig played on home screen
- Using APPLE's own wallpaper in "settings", if there's a blue sky at top but Green grass at bottom of pic ... Top idol sears will be sky blue and bottom folders will be grassy green. I prefer al my folders on my home page to be a SINGLE color.
- speaking of color, thee is so much in places I hate ... Like app icons but not in places I would prefer ... Like nice subtle coloring of the Safari desktop. Thought this would be fixed from last update. Looks like a very unfinished app
- web pages are VERY SLOW to load
-wifi seems to "cycle" a lot ... Like the Microsoft hourglass ... As ipad now nyuggles to open a Web page. Note: I have Comcast's combo wifi/modem and it was cheied thoroughly by an in home tech just this past Friday 9/27

Note: I have an Android (s3) phone and an Apple ipad. Not married to one vs the other but I think my brothers NEW nexus 7 tablet has it all over this ios7 iteration on my ipad. And to think, I actually went to the Apple store (line was front to bak of store and out the door with ppl getting new iPhones. They were not in any great mood (not enuf staff or registers to handle the crowd efficiently) to deal with ppl having ios7 questions. BEFORE I installed ios7 to make sure, a week later, that the bugs were worked out. I did. EVERYTHING GENIUS SUGGESTED ... first clean up my apps, backed up everything to iCloud, updated iTunes, synced ipad to laptop and only then did I install, thru my USB ... Not wifi.

nomusa53

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
IOS 7.0.2 on ipad3 ... Waited a week, installed yesterday 9/28 ...

- so white and bright gives me eye strain, even when brightness dialed WAY down
- using native Twitter, can no longer delete tweets on home page (really need to proofread now)
- power buttton not as responsive as before. Have to hit 2-3 times before ipad will close
- big time lag installing wallpaper and buttons give NO indication if pressing them, to install on home or lock screen was effective
- used to be able to do screenshot, edit/crop white edges and use as wallpaper. It now cuts off the bottom of pix being used from pix gallery. Spent like 45 mins trying to get the whole pic to be dig played on home screen
- Using APPLE's own wallpaper in "settings", if there's a blue sky at top but Green grass at bottom of pic ... Top idol sears will be sky blue and bottom folders will be grassy green. I prefer al my folders on my home page to be a SINGLE color.
- speaking of color, thee is so much in places I hate ... Like app icons but not in places I would prefer ... Like nice subtle coloring of the Safari desktop. Thought this would be fixed from last update. Looks like a very unfinished app
- web pages are VERY SLOW to load
-wifi seems to "cycle" a lot ... Like the Microsoft hourglass ... As ipad now nyuggles to open a Web page. Note: I have Comcast's combo wifi/modem and it was cheied thoroughly by an in home tech just this past Friday 9/27
- randomly shutting down in middle of using any number of apps Dow no known re son. NEVER had this problem before
- keyboard allegedly updated but HOW?? Some directional keys would've been nice since it's almost impossible to correct run-on words or in the middle of a single word without erasing and typing over. Why no predictive text lor swype like on my GS3. Why percent sign an d asterisk not on main symbol part of keyboard where numbers are. Too may keystrokes when typing something containing lots of those.

Note: I have an Android (s3) phone and an Apple ipad. Not married to one vs the other but I think my brothers NEW nexus 7 tablet has it all over this ios7 iteration on my ipad. And to think, I actually went to the Apple store (line was front to bak of store and out the door with ppl getting new iPhones. They were not in any great mood (not enuf staff or registers to handle the crowd efficiently) to deal with ppl having ios7 questions. BEFORE I installed ios7 to make sure, a week later, that the bugs were worked out. I did. EVERYTHING GENIUS SUGGESTED ... first clean up my apps, backed up everything to iCloud, updated iTunes, synced ipad to laptop and only then did I install, thru my USB ... Not wifi.

gamergurl89

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I just received a patch for the update and it seems to have made things worse lag wise. I'll be typing on twitter and it's not typing with me but if you give it a few secs it catches up. YouTube you push for the search bar and nothing happens... It can be very slow at times... Seems worse with update...

Nodnerb

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I mostly only find it slightly laggy at times. The wallpaper loading is slow for sure. Safari is pretty much as fast. It just has some slight glitching here and there, not much unlike my iphone 5. Hopefully an update will be out soon to fix the smoothness of the OS. That's one of the things I loved about apple. It just worked, and worked buttery smooth. Even the fastest android is stuttery.

I haven't updated to 7.0.2 yet because some people are reporting that it makes the issues worse.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73