So far, I'm rather liking ios 7 on my ipad 4, but I'm noticing some lag at certain place, like in settings.

Whenever I go to set a new stick background, there's a few second delay before it will recognize I hit that menu. Also, I'm just kinda noticing some random bits of general lag.

I'm not sure why this is happening because the ipad 4 is the most current model, so the here shouldn't be performance issues. Is this just normal for a brand new OS and optimization patches still need to be made? I just hope that something didn't get messed up while downloading the update, because it did keep getting error messages when I tried downloading it this morning when everyone else did. Seriously, I had to do it like 8 or more times before the download would be stable and take.

Thanks
    09-19-2013 01:32 AM
    So far, I'm rather liking ios 7 on my ipad 4, but I'm noticing some lag at certain place, like in settings.

Whenever I go to set a new stick background, there's a few second delay before it will recognize I hit that menu. Also, I'm just kinda noticing some random bits of general lag.

I'm not sure why this is happening because the ipad 4 is the most current model, so the here shouldn't be performance issues. Is this just normal for a brand new OS and optimization patches still need to be made? I just hope that something didn't get messed up while downloading the update, because it did keep getting error messages when I tried downloading it this morning when everyone else did. Seriously, I had to do it like 8 or more times before the download would be stable and take.

Thanks
    I've also noticed some lag on my iPad 4. It's especially when I try change a photo. It takes a few seconds to change the picture.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2 pro
    09-19-2013 01:34 AM
    I've also noticed some lag on my iPad 4. It's especially when I try change a photo. It takes a few seconds to change the picture.

Yeah, I'm noticing that as well. It's not, like, deal breaking, but I can't imagine why it's occurring, especially on the most current hardware for ipad?
    09-19-2013 02:10 AM

Thanks
    You're not alone here, don't worry. I've had the same problems with my iPad 4 as well. They talked about it in the review for iOS 7 on The Verge, and I tend to believe they are right, that culprit of this lag is the fact that iOS 7 development is simply behind on the iPad compared to the iPhone.

If you remember, the first iOS 7 beta available for the iPad came a little but after the initial beta for the iPhone. As well, there were quite a few rumors that the iPad version of iOS 7 wouldn't come out until October with the new iPads. So I highly doubt it is anything wrong with the A6X chip, and more to do with the iPad version of iOS 7 still needing some attention.
    09-19-2013 02:29 AM
    Yeah I get that. I don't understand why such a good iPad would lag. It's obvious it's buggy

09-19-2013 05:55 AM
    Have to say I haven't seen any lag at all, actually running really smooth.
    09-19-2013 06:47 AM
    Are you guys talking about the lag when selecting new wallpaper? It takes several seconds on my iPad 3 to register my selection. The first time it happened I thought the iPad froze up.

Sent from somewhere
    09-19-2013 07:20 AM
    Are you guys talking about the lag when selecting new wallpaper? It takes several seconds on my iPad 3 to register my selection. The first time it happened I thought the iPad froze up.

Sent from somewhere
    That's exactly what we're talking about. I have the iPad 4th generation and it does that exact thing. I wonder why.
    09-22-2013 06:00 PM
    Yeah I get that. I don't understand why such a good iPad would lag. It's obvious it's buggy

There's some lag on the minor animations in iMessage. Very stuttery. I'm noticing the same thing on the iPhone 4S.
    09-22-2013 06:12 PM
    There's some lag on the minor animations in iMessage. Very stuttery. I'm noticing the same thing on the iPhone 4S.
    I'm getting no lag on my iPhone 5s. But on my iPad 4th generation it's pretty annoying. I guess an update it gonna happen to fix it.
    09-22-2013 07:06 PM