Noticing some lag on ipad 4.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So far, I'm rather liking ios 7 on my ipad 4, but I'm noticing some lag at certain place, like in settings.

Whenever I go to set a new stick background, there's a few second delay before it will recognize I hit that menu. Also, I'm just kinda noticing some random bits of general lag.

I'm not sure why this is happening because the ipad 4 is the most current model, so the here shouldn't be performance issues. Is this just normal for a brand new OS and optimization patches still need to be made? I just hope that something didn't get messed up while downloading the update, because it did keep getting error messages when I tried downloading it this morning when everyone else did. Seriously, I had to do it like 8 or more times before the download would be stable and take.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
So far, I'm rather liking ios 7 on my ipad 4, but I'm noticing some lag at certain place, like in settings.

Whenever I go to set a new stick background, there's a few second delay before it will recognize I hit that menu. Also, I'm just kinda noticing some random bits of general lag.

I'm not sure why this is happening because the ipad 4 is the most current model, so the here shouldn't be performance issues. Is this just normal for a brand new OS and optimization patches still need to be made? I just hope that something didn't get messed up while downloading the update, because it did keep getting error messages when I tried downloading it this morning when everyone else did. Seriously, I had to do it like 8 or more times before the download would be stable and take.

I've also noticed some lag on my iPad 4. It's especially when I try change a photo. It takes a few seconds to change the picture.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2 pro

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I've also noticed some lag on my iPad 4. It's especially when I try change a photo. It takes a few seconds to change the picture.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2 pro

Yeah, I'm noticing that as well. It's not, like, deal breaking, but I can't imagine why it's occurring, especially on the most current hardware for ipad?

Reven7

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site

You're not alone here, don't worry. I've had the same problems with my iPad 4 as well. They talked about it in the review for iOS 7 on The Verge, and I tend to believe they are right, that culprit of this lag is the fact that iOS 7 development is simply behind on the iPad compared to the iPhone.

If you remember, the first iOS 7 beta available for the iPad came a little but after the initial beta for the iPhone. As well, there were quite a few rumors that the iPad version of iOS 7 wouldn't come out until October with the new iPads. So I highly doubt it is anything wrong with the A6X chip, and more to do with the iPad version of iOS 7 still needing some attention.

Paradocks

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Are you guys talking about the lag when selecting new wallpaper? It takes several seconds on my iPad 3 to register my selection. The first time it happened I thought the iPad froze up.

Sent from somewhere

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Are you guys talking about the lag when selecting new wallpaper? It takes several seconds on my iPad 3 to register my selection. The first time it happened I thought the iPad froze up.

Sent from somewhere

That's exactly what we're talking about. I have the iPad 4th generation and it does that exact thing. I wonder why.