iOS 7 notification center doesn't show current temp or next day's appointments

Tom Munch

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
I had already read about the changes in the Notification Center, but I didn't know how much I'd miss having my next day's appointments and current temperature on the main notification screen. Dang!

PreJamison

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
What a joke!!! Apparently Apple software engineers have no freaking clue when it comes to what people need/want to see in notification center. Let's see, do I want to see ALL of my appointments in a list view for the next 24 hours (iOS 6 = all info in a glance) - or - do I want to see the next four hours of completely blank space (iOS 7 = no info in a glance)? What were they thinking?

The same with weather. Much more info at a glance the old way. Now I have to open the app to get the full bit. What's the point?

The old way kept me from missing Android widgets. Not so much anymore.

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
when you turn on weather in the notification settings, you may need to go into the actual weather app for the data to show properly. and as for the tomorrow calendars, i think we are stuck with it just saying "you have xx events for tomorrow. first one starts at xxxxx". once the day rolls over, it will show.

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
My Notification centre tells me about today's weather and things on my calendar along with tomorrow's calendar events and when my alarm will go off in the morning.

bitshifter1001

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
For those who didn't have weather showing up in notification center, I had to enable Location Services for the Weather app.

Go to Settings->Privacy->Location Services then scroll down to the Weather app and make sure its toggled on.

Hope this helps.

bitshifter1001

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
If you tap/touch the weather update within notification center it takes you to the weather app. Not really the same as the old widget, but simple enough to get more detailed info.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I might be imagining things but it seems like every time I pull down the notification center that the weather uses the location services though the weather isn't visible in the notification center... :s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

farside33

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
It does not appear that the weather app works like it used to on the notification center.

At the bottom of notification center, on the iPhone, it states that weather and stock information is provided by Yahoo.
I do not have the weather app on my iPad mini, but I get the exact same verbiage for weather on it as on my iPhone.

All I really need is a quick reference to the Current Temperature and the forecasted High and Low (like we used to have when the weather app worked like a widget.

Hopefully this will be fixed in a future update!

mrsqlester2939

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
My iphone 5c wont show the weather in my notifications. It shows on my ipad and showed on my 4s. It sometimes blinks up and disappears. I did a reset of all content and also turned the phone off n back on again, still no luck

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Weather is in the Notification Center under the Today view, not the All view?and you MUST have the Location Services set to On under Settings/Privacy/LocationServices/Weather. Once that is switched on give it some time to show up. Just did this myself today and it's now working fine.

stoneland

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I still hate this "text" weather update...I miss the visual widget from iOS 6. I also find that it doesn't update or can take a really long while to...

MileHighJoe1

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I still hate this "text" weather update...I miss the visual widget from iOS 6. I also find that it doesn't update or can take a really long while to...

UGH! I didn't even notice that it was a forecast. Because it's merely text, my eyes treated it as another appt on the calendar. It needs simple graphics. Can't they at least change the text color so it leaps off the page?!?! So primitive.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR