iCloud backup not working after iOS 7 update

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Try logging out of your iCloud account in settings... and log in again... there's an update to terms & conditions you need to agree to that may be getting hung up for you... logging out and back in may straighten that out.

Tom Munch

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Just says "The last backup could not be completed." I'm getting the same on my iPhone 5 and iPad 3.

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Okay. I feel like an *****. I don't see a way to log out other that deleting the account.

Yeah, the wording is a bit onerous... Delete Account (in red) is imposing... but it just means "delete the iCloud account from this phone. But that’s what you want to do... it will prompt you to remove calendar and contact info... but it does NOT "delete" your iCloud account.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Settings>> iCloud>> storage & back-up.... toggle the iCloud backup switch off then on again....

got my iCloud & iTunes/App store settings and ability to log out confused... :)

Tom Munch

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Crashes on both iPhone 5 and iPad 3 just the same as it tries to turn on the backup. I'll try some reboots and patience and see if it works.

Tom Munch

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, the wording is a bit onerous... Delete Account (in red) is imposing... but it just means "delete the iCloud account from this phone. But that’s what you want to do... it will prompt you to remove calendar and contact info... but it does NOT "delete" your iCloud account.

You sure I want to delete the account?

Tom Munch

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
I think the problem is with Apple's servers. This time I got a different error. After it said "Turning on Backup" it then said "iCloud Backup Failed / There was a problem enabling iCloud Backup / Try Again"

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Apple seems to be diddling with iCloud again. I've noticed a few little issues over the last few days.

​I can't complete an iCloud backup either.

DallasMarks

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the advice here.

My iPhone 5 informed me this morning that it hadn't been backed up to iCloud for 3 weeks, even though that's how my settings were configured. On my phone, I went to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup and clicked the "Back Up Now" at the bottom. It worked on the second try and now my phone and iTunes say that my phone is now backed up in iCloud. No Terms and Conditions for me, either. I'll have to keep an eye on iCloud to see if it now starts taking automated daily backups again.

I'm expecting iOS 7 updates when the new iPads show up, so hopefully this and other minor issues will be corrected.

capriest1

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I tried this twice- Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup and clicked the "Back Up Now" at the bottom. I also tried deleting the iCloud account. Any other ideas?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner