updating to ios 7

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
i know it was hectic for some people to download and update their phone to the latest ios 7... it taking me 5 going on 6 hours and i keep getting error messages and stuff in those hours... now it seem like its going well cept one thing.. i am in the process of downloading the software.. ONLY DOWNLOADING.. what i am wondering is why its taking 2 hours or more just to download it? this is forever and this is the first time i have had this much complications just to update an OS

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If you're downloading the full ipsw - depending on your available bandwidth - two hours to just download isn't unheard of.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
To be fair, iOS has not had a large update such as this one, therefore we really can't compare past iOS download and install times with the new iOS 7 update.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
well right now it is downloading on itunes and it seems like its double the time... when it say 30 mins and like 15 mins go by, it saids 25 more mins.. seems like forever

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
well right now it is downloading on itunes and it seems like its double the time... when it say 30 mins and like 15 mins go by, it saids 25 more mins.. seems like forever

I had a rough time today for the first time when I opted to restore as new and got caught among those having difficulty activating their devices, but I knew it would be only a matter of time before I was able to activate, and now all is well as before. I'm merely rearranging things on my home screens and making sure I go through each and every setting & option. I'm beatdown tired now...lol

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I had a rough time today for the first time when I opted to restore as new and got caught among those having difficulty activating their devices, but I knew it would be only a matter of time before I was able to activate, and now all is well as before. I'm merely rearranging things on my home screens and making sure I go through each and every setting & option. I'm beatdown tired now...lol

well the worst had happened to me i waited about 2 hours for it to downloading.. then i got another error message.. back to square 1 im just gonna try downloading over the air AGAIN...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
well the worst had happened to me i waited about 2 hours for it to downloading.. then i got another error message.. back to square 1 im just gonna try downloading over the air AGAIN...

If you think you had a bad download, go in and move the ipsw file into the trash bin, but do not delete it yet. After that, put your iPhone in DFU mode and let iTunes download a fresh copy of iOS 7 and install it. Keep in mind, however, no one knows how many people are getting off of their evening shifts and are at home trying to upgrade their devices.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
If you think you had a bad download, go in and move the ipsw file into the trash bin, but do not delete it yet. After that, put your iPhone in DFU mode and let iTunes download a fresh copy of iOS 7 and install it. Keep in mind, however, no one knows how many people are getting off of their evening shifts and are at home trying to upgrade their devices.

my phone has finally updated waiting for everything to be installed then i am good for today

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods