iWork Apps in iOS 7

rvzz

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Did any one got the iWork apps for free after upgrading to iOS 7?

I have an iPhone 5 and upgraded to iOS 7 today and they still show up as paid apps.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Did any one got the iWork apps for free after upgrading to iOS 7?

I have an iPhone 5 and upgraded to iOS 7 today and they still show up as paid apps.

At lest for now - the free iWork is for those purchasing new devices.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
They'll just be there in the AppStore and downloadable for free for those who have new devices - like the other free Apple apps.

After reactivating a device, you should be prompted to load some of the "almost stock" apps like iBooks... that screen will also include the iWorks stuff, as I understand it.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
After reactivating a device, you should be prompted to load some of the "almost stock" apps like iBooks... that screen will also include the iWorks stuff, as I understand it.

If one has a new device, yes... as I understand it - free iWork is for 5C & 5S and other newly purchased devices... and I will be utterly delighted to be proven wrong and existing users also see iWork free on existing devices.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
If one has a new device, yes... as I understand it - free iWork is for 5C & 5S and other newly purchased devices... and I will be utterly delighted to be proven wrong and existing users also see iWork free on existing devices.

Yes, you are absolutely correct... as far as I can tell, it’s for new devices only... I was only trying to explain WHERE one would see the prompt to download the apps...

andrewsmith

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I sold my iPad 2 and got a brand new iPad Mini today came out of the box with 6.1.3. As soon as I got home I updated to iOS 7...I was not prompted to download the iWork apps for free. I had bought iPhoto a while back and I went through the payment process and it finally told me that I had already purchased this app and that it would be free. So...I wonder if the apps are only free to "new iOS 7 devices".

Reven7

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I sold my iPad 2 and got a brand new iPad Mini today came out of the box with 6.1.3. As soon as I got home I updated to iOS 7...I was not prompted to download the iWork apps for free. I had bought iPhoto a while back and I went through the payment process and it finally told me that I had already purchased this app and that it would be free. So...I wonder if the apps are only free to "new iOS 7 devices".
No, you definitely should have the free apps as well. How you would go about that (other then what was detailed earlier), I'm not sure.

From Apple:
"iPhoto, iMovie, Keynote, Pages, and Numbers are free on the App Store for qualifying iOS 7 compatible devices activated as of September 1, 2013. See Apple - iOS 7 - What for iOS 7 compatible devices. Downloading apps requires an Apple ID."

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I just bought a new iPod touch on Monday. I'm upgrading to ios7 now and wonder if I'll also get the free iWork's apps as promised and if I can use them on my iPad if I do get them. I wonder if the fact that I'm using my iPod touch with my existing Apple ID means I won't get them for free.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I just bought a new iPod touch on Monday. I'm upgrading to ios7 now and wonder if I'll also get the free iWork's apps as promised and if I can use them on my iPad if I do get them. I wonder if the fact that I'm using my iPod touch with my existing Apple ID means I won't get them for free.

We can’t answer those questions. But please share your results after iOS 7 finishes the install/upgrade.

gorgalis

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
So what is considered a new device? An iPad 4 that I buy today, or an iPad 5 once it comes out? Did they mean newly purchased devices or new models... big difference.

gorgalis

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
They are now showing up as free. I am not sure if it is because I finally synced it with itunes or if it is just a coincidence.

andrewsmith

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I chatted with Apple support last night online and after explaining the situation the chat disconnected. I woke up with an email from customer support giving me a free download code for each app.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
All the iWork's apps showed up as free on my new iPod touch after updating to ios7 and I can also download them to my iPad which was bought in January of this year.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro