iOS 7 Made Safari Unusably Slow!

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
So far, I'm really liking iOS 7, but it has rendered Safari all but inoperable on my iPhone 4S and iPad Retina. It is so bad, I couldn't complete the two step verification with Google. It takes so long to enter the six digit number that the code expires before I can enter it! I don't use Safari all that much, but I have one important use for it while at work, and I just can't use it like this. Is anyone else seeing this, and does anyone have any suggestions?

Turning off Java helps a little, but many pages don't work right then. Looking for a better solution.

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Safari has been fine for me on my iPad 3rd Generation...

If you did OTA upgrade - it might be worth doing a full install, set up as new - then restore from a back-up once things settle down with Apple's servers and downloading a full install is not as difficult as it is now.

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Safari has been fine for me on my iPad 3rd Generation...

If you did OTA upgrade - it might be worth doing a full install, set up as new - then restore from a back-up once things settle down with Apple's servers and downloading a full install is not as difficult as it is now.

Ugh. I dread the thought of doing that. I've started using Chrome and Mercury instead. They're both working perfectly.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Ugh. I dread the thought of doing that. I've started using Chrome and Mercury instead. They're both working perfectly.

Before you do that, I would try rebooting your iDevices first. This is what I did after updating OTA and Safari is just fine on my iPhone 5. Still waiting for the OTA update to finish on my iPad Mini so I can't tell what that will be like yet.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I have safari lag issues on my iPad 4 as well. Been running this for a few days now.
I'm hoping a fresh restore will give me better performance.

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Before you do that, I would try rebooting your iDevices first. This is what I did after updating OTA and Safari is just fine on my iPhone 5. Still waiting for the OTA update to finish on my iPad Mini so I can't tell what that will be like yet.

That was the first thing I did, no help. I'm just resigned to using Mercury and Chrome until they release 7.0.1.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Safari works perfect for me on my 4S and 5th gen iPod touch

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) using Tapatalk - now Free

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Safari works perfect for me on my 4S and 5th gen iPod touch

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) using Tapatalk - now Free

I wish I could figure out what it is. All the other stock apps are running perfectly. I'd do the whole clean install this weekend, but I'll lose my game progress. I know, stupid reason, but that's it.

joshdbeard

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Just want to add my two cents --
I have always been a Google Chrome user, and the iOS 7 update got me to use Safari.

Nothing against Chrome, because the iOS 7 update for Chrome looked great. Safari has always been the default browser (obviously) but the way it works in this OS made me stick around, instead of copying links and opening them in Chrome.
The selling point was the ability to sync my Chrome Bookmarks to work in Safari. An extension on Chrome on my desktop installed in 30sec and when I opened Safari on my iPhone, my bookmarks were there.
Reading List is a great feature to put in a browser.
Having a spot to click Twitter links outside of the Twitter app seems like it could be useful, but, I have no issue clicking from Twitter (especially now that I'm using Safari).

Moral of the story -- Safari is working fine for me, it's actually much more than 'fine' but I won't ramble. Hope you got yours to work.

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Just want to add my two cents --
I have always been a Google Chrome user, and the iOS 7 update got me to use Safari.

Nothing against Chrome, because the iOS 7 update for Chrome looked great. Safari has always been the default browser (obviously) but the way it works in this OS made me stick around, instead of copying links and opening them in Chrome.
The selling point was the ability to sync my Chrome Bookmarks to work in Safari. An extension on Chrome on my desktop installed in 30sec and when I opened Safari on my iPhone, my bookmarks were there.
Reading List is a great feature to put in a browser.
Having a spot to click Twitter links outside of the Twitter app seems like it could be useful, but, I have no issue clicking from Twitter (especially now that I'm using Safari).

Moral of the story -- Safari is working fine for me, it's actually much more than 'fine' but I won't ramble. Hope you got yours to work.

What's the name of the Chrome extension you are using?

gamergurl89

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Since the update I've notice safari is slower, sometimes drastically. Some stuff doesn't even load, also had it crash pa time or 2. YouTube videos are a hit and miss. The screen is also at times unresponsive, takes multiple taps at times to get it to register...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR