iOS 7 Made Safari Unusably Slow!

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Since the update I've notice safari is slower, sometimes drastically. Some stuff doesn't even load, also had it crash pa time or 2. YouTube videos are a hit and miss. The screen is also at times unresponsive, takes multiple taps at times to get it to register...

Turn off iCloud Safari sync.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Safari seems really fast to me.

Sent from my smokin hot, white, 64 GB, iPhone 5 on AT&T wrapped in a vintage brown BookBook case. FTW!

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Safari seems really fast to me.

Sent from my smokin hot, white, 64 GB, iPhone 5 on AT&T wrapped in a vintage brown BookBook case. FTW!

Safari is fast for me as well. Curious as to why it would be slow for others. I have Safari turned on in I cloud also. It makes no difference toggled on or off.

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Safari is fast for me as well. Curious as to why it would be slow for others. I have Safari turned on in I cloud also. It makes no difference toggled on or off.

Same here. I was amazed last night while surfing how fast Safari was. Instant loading of pages on wifi. I also have Safari sync enabled in iCloud.

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I've been extremely happy with a Safari on both my iPhone 5 and my iPad 2 with iOS 7. Safari seems very fast and stable.

kurt vonegut

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
been waiting 20 minutes to watch a music video on youtube that I was able to see on my hp laptop in a matte of minutes. Disabled safari in cloud but does not help at al. very frustrated with ios7 now.

lush242000

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
So far, I'm really liking iOS 7, but it has rendered Safari all but inoperable on my iPhone 4S and iPad Retina. It is so bad, I couldn't complete the two step verification with Google. It takes so long to enter the six digit number that the code expires before I can enter it! I don't use Safari all that much, but I have one important use for it while at work, and I just can't use it like this. Is anyone else seeing this, and does anyone have any suggestions?

Turning off Java helps a little, but many pages don't work right then. Looking for a better solution.

Works great for me. Faster then ever.

Sent from somewhere.

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Safari on iOS 7 makes my iPad 3 and iPhone 4S feel like a sub 100$ chinese android tablet.

Its utter ****.
thank god I use Chrome. Too bad I cant set Chrome as a default app, because whenever I click on a link in mail everything slows down and becomes as unresponsive to input as a crazy republican.

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Safari is extremely slow and unresponsive on my ipad 3 and 4S. Makes it feel like a cheap chinese android tablet 5 years ago. Apple screwed this one up badly.
I hope they fix it in the next update. Because if this is the way things are going my next phone or tablet will not be of the Apple brand.

unless they make it possible to change the default browser

chevyrcg

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I have read this entire thread, after trying everything suggested relative to my issues with safari running un- usably slow nothing has worked, I have even shut off everything to do with iCloud, backups and such. I am seconds away from taking out my frustrations on this iPad2 with a 5 lb sledge hammer, it will give me more satisfaction than trying to figure this stupid bug fix out..... why do they always have to F**k things up when they are working fine. My primary use for this iPad is surfing internet, seeing that I can't use it for that any longer I will have to repurpose it, maybe a cutting board.... The all new iSlice ... Oh,and by the way, in my honest opinion, I think the new interface sucks, the icons and other associated symbols look like something that Fisher-Price used on one of their toys in the 70's ......... I can hear you shaking your head in disgust Steve (R.I.P.)

chevyrcg

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
This fixed mine, the only fall back is all your personal settings are changed, but safari is working like new,

Ok I had to go to - Settings - General - Reset - and I - Reset all Settings

megamacdady

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I think I worked out why turning off iCloud sinc makes safari faster. I happened to look in my bookmarks folder on my iPad and there were the same 3 pages repeated 2950 times. I went to my PC favorites folder and there was the same. I'm not sure if it was an update on the iPad that caused it or something on my PC but once I deleted them all and let my iPad sync with cloud, safari was back to normal speed. I almost binned my iPad due to this issue. Glad I worked it out. ios7 ain't that bad now...

megamacdady

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Ugh. I dread the thought of doing that. I've started using Chrome and Mercury instead. They're both working perfectly.

Check the favorites folder in bookmarks. If you are synced to cloud then it may be full and slowing down the browsing. Somehow I believe the ios7 update duplicated entries in the favorites folder. Delete them on your Mac or PC that is synced, allow the iOS device to sync and my sluggish, unresponsive safari came back good as gold.

megamacdady

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I reinstalled. Safari still useless!! and hanging all the time. Will use other browser.

Clean up favorites folder on the iOS device. Safari on iOS only has a small amount of memory allocated to favorites. Updating ios7 somehow duplicates favorites entries. Delete from main computer synced to iCloud as deleting from iOS device is 1 by 1 and slow. I deleted 3000 favorites in my PC favorites folder. Let the iOS devise sync with the clout and it was back to normal. Simply turning of iCloud sync will not solve if you don't delete the favorites folder.

megamacdady

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
This fixed mine, the only fall back is all your personal settings are changed, but safari is working like new,

Ok I had to go to - Settings - General - Reset - and I - Reset all Settings

Clean out favorites folder on iOS device. Check to see if iOS update has duplicated items and overfilled favorites folder. I deleted all items and Safari was back to normal.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods