Who's having iOS 7 activation problems?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Hi, my iPhone 5 is currently stuck in recovery mode,
I've been using iOS 7 Beta,when phone was accidentally restored!!
I put my my phone in DFU mode and synced with iTunes,But I'm unable to downgrade back to iOS 6.1.3.

If your intention is to downgrade back to 6.1.3 then just download the IPSW from here and load it. (And hurry up before Apple stops signing it.)
iOS 6 firmware files | iMore

If your phone is in DFU mode and you want iOS 7 then just "Restore iPhone" will download iOS 7 and the rest takes care of itself. Just restore a backup if you have one.

Brennybhoy

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Why don't you just place the current ipsw file in the trashbin, put your device in DFU mode, select restore via iTunes. That will cause iTunes to download and install copy of iOS 7.
Thanks for your response, I'm currently in DFU mode, and synced to iTunes, but keeps crashing !!!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Gets to "iPhone software update (processing file)"
Then crashes, then I'm back to menu screen, telling me to register my iPhone on developer.Apple site :mad:

It sounds like you’re trying to install a beta release... neither GM nor GA requires a registered device

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Gets to "iPhone software update (processing file)"
Then crashes, then I'm back to menu screen, telling me to register my iPhone on developer.Apple site :mad:

I agree with Fausty82 on this one. Did you locate the ipsw file on your computer and move it to the trash bin? If not, do so, but do not delete it until after you've found success. Anyway, once you move the ipsw file, put your device back in DFU mode and select restore via iTunes. Make sure you're connected to the internet. This should cause iTunes to download the official iOS 7 and install it on your device.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yep, I'm out of options ��

Don't give up. Take a breather, clear your head, and try again. Heck I was stuck awaiting activation for "hours" yesterday so I understand your frustrations. Just keep trying....:)

Brennybhoy

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I agree with Fausty82 on this one. Did you locate the ipsw file on your computer and move it to the trash bin? If not, do so, but do not delete it until after you've found success. Anyway, once you move the ipsw file, put your device back in DFU mode and select restore via iTunes. Make sure you're connected to the internet. This should cause iTunes to download the official iOS 7 and install it on your device.
The IPSW file is in the trash, DFU mode on & hooked to itunes and Activation error once again #frustrating

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The IPSW file is in the trash, DFU mode on & hooked to itunes and Activation error once again #frustrating

So when you click on restore iphone option, did iTunes go ahead and download the correct software? Was there a point in time that it did that?
And this may be a stupid question: You're not doing the Shift+Restore iPhone option, are you? You're just clicking "Restore iPhone" without
holding down the shift key?

Brennybhoy

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
So when you click on restore iphone option, did iTunes go ahead and download the correct software? Was there a point in time that it did that?
And this may be a stupid question: You're not doing the Shift+Restore iPhone option, are you? You're just clicking "Restore iPhone" without
holding down the shift key?
Just clicking restore iPhone ;)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, you shouldn't be seeing that. Something is getting crossed and it might not be from your end. Take a breather and get yourself something to eat. Afterwards, take your device out of DFU mode and turn it off. Reboot your computer and then download and reinstall the latest iTunes version (v11.1). If you're on a Windows PC go ahead and delete the ipsw file or put it on a flash drive or other external drive. Now put your device in DFU mode (nothing on the device's screen) and try to restore again via iTunes. Keep trying. It'll take eventually.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods