Who's having iOS 7 activation problems?

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
With iTunes 11.1 you got to deactivate sync by wifi in the summary of your device in iTunes and connect by cable to be able to launch the update of iOS 7...

samp1800

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Same issue here, both on desktop itunes and my ipad. However im on ios 6.1.3 trying to do a restore to fix some bugs that i encountered...

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I had no issue updating my iPhone but my iPad has not been able to update via ota/iTunes. I will try later tonight when I get home from work. Getting the same error messages as everyone else.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
yes i am one of those people.. never had this problem updating an ios till today.. i know its because of the many people who is downloading and installing ios 7 but come on really.. going on 4 hours now trying and its taking forever.. over the air and itunes.. what is this?!?!?!?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
yes i am one of those people.. never had this problem updating an ios till today.. i know its because of the many people who is downloading and installing ios 7 but come on really.. going on 4 hours now trying and its taking forever.. over the air and itunes.. what is this?!?!?!?
I'm in the same boat as you some 4 hours later. Try turning your iPhone off for a few minutes, then retry the OTA method. Just did this and now iOS 7 is finally downloading!!!

azopfi84

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I think I just got past my activation error screen! I will update as soon as I restore from my previous icloud backup but try this method and see if it works. Got it from another forum and almost immediatly it worked! I didn't even have to plug it back in but u can try if u want :)

I was having activation probs to until this method worked... Plug your phone into your computer with iTunes running. Click try again on your phone, then unplug your usb cable and plug it back it. try it, let me know.

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Patience & perseverance. :smile:

I too had the same errors for hours, but got the activation to work OTA just five minutes ago. Restoring from an old backup now.

Hang in there & y'all will get it too!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
My iPhone 5 finally finished the OTA install after I turned my iPhone off and back on again. Now I'm attempting to update my iPad Mini using the OTA method.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
My I5 and Ipad 4 finally updated about an hour ago, after 2+ hours of WTF. It was worth it, it's fantastic. Awesome job Apple.

bed269

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Whoever wrote to back up first THANKS. Because somehow I screwed my update up bad. I had some crazy error come up and then my phone wiped. Then I got the authentication error. Once it authenticated I had to do a restore.
I hate some of us had this problem with the authentication but I was glad to know I wasn't the only one.

Brennybhoy

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi, my iPhone 5 is currently stuck in recovery mode,
I've been using iOS 7 Beta,when phone was accidentally restored!!
I put my my phone in DFU mode and synced with iTunes,But I'm unable to downgrade back to iOS 6.1.3.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi, my iPhone 5 is currently stuck in recovery mode,
I've been using iOS 7 Beta,when phone was accidentally restored!!
I put my my phone in DFU mode and synced with iTunes,But I'm unable to downgrade back to iOS 6.1.3.

Why don't you just place the current ipsw file in the trashbin, put your device in DFU mode, select restore via iTunes. That will cause iTunes to download and install copy of iOS 7.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner