I agree with Fausty82 on this one. Did you locate the ipsw file on your computer and move it to the trash bin? If not, do so, but do not delete it until after you've found success. Anyway, once you move the ipsw file, put your device back in DFU mode and select restore via iTunes. Make sure you're connected to the internet. This should cause iTunes to download the official iOS 7 and install it on your device.
    The IPSW file is in the trash, DFU mode on & hooked to itunes and Activation error once again #frustrating
    09-19-2013 06:51 PM
    09-19-2013 06:55 PM
    The IPSW file is in the trash, DFU mode on & hooked to itunes and Activation error once again #frustrating
    So when you click on restore iphone option, did iTunes go ahead and download the correct software? Was there a point in time that it did that?
    And this may be a stupid question: You're not doing the Shift+Restore iPhone option, are you? You're just clicking "Restore iPhone" without
    holding down the shift key?
    09-19-2013 06:56 PM
    So when you click on restore iphone option, did iTunes go ahead and download the correct software? Was there a point in time that it did that?
    Half way thru it crashes
    09-19-2013 06:58 PM
    Half way thru it crashes
    Not the restoration process.

Did iTunes ever prompt you to download the latest update?
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-19-2013 07:01 PM
    And this may be a stupid question: You're not doing the Shift+Restore iPhone option, are you? You're just clicking "Restore iPhone" without
    holding down the shift key?
    Just clicking restore iPhone
    09-19-2013 07:03 PM
    Yeah, you shouldn't be seeing that. Something is getting crossed and it might not be from your end. Take a breather and get yourself something to eat. Afterwards, take your device out of DFU mode and turn it off. Reboot your computer and then download and reinstall the latest iTunes version (v11.1). If you're on a Windows PC go ahead and delete the ipsw file or put it on a flash drive or other external drive. Now put your device in DFU mode (nothing on the device's screen) and try to restore again via iTunes. Keep trying. It'll take eventually.
    09-19-2013 07:03 PM
    Just clicking restore iPhone
    If JustMe'D post doesn't work for you (I highly doubt it will fail), then download the proper IPSW from here. Download iOS 7 Final IPSW For iPhone 5, 4s, 4, iPad And iPod touch [Direct Links] | Redmond Pie Once you save it on your PC go ahead and hit Shift+Restore iPhone and select that IPSW you just downloaded. This way at least we know that you for sure have the IPSW downloaded on your PC.
    Just_Me_D and Brennybhoy like this.
    09-19-2013 07:06 PM
    Thanks for your help guys !!!!
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    09-19-2013 07:09 PM
    Thanks for your help guys !!!!
    We're here to help each other, my friend...Update us when you can, and take care...
    09-19-2013 07:12 PM
    HELP! my phone is stuck in recovery mode now that I have downloaded the new iOS7
    09-19-2013 08:42 PM
    HELP! my phone is stuck in recovery mode now that I have downloaded the new iOS7
    If the iPhone is in "recovery mode", connect it to iTunes and select "restore". Make sure your computer is connected to the internet. If the download and/or installation fails, try again. If that fails, put the device in DFU mode and try again.
    09-19-2013 10:21 PM
    Two hours on the phone with apple, and still nothing, iPhone totally bricked
    Surely there's a way around " activation error"
    Last edited by Brennybhoy; 09-20-2013 at 05:07 PM.
    09-20-2013 04:14 PM
    Hi Folks,

Yes, I have been having issues activating my son's new iphone 5 since 10/23/13 with IOS 7. The phone states " Could Not Activate IPhone, Your iPhone could not be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable. Try connecting your iPhone to ITunes to activate it, or try again in a couple of minutes. If the problem persists, contact Apple Support at apple.com/support".
    I first contacted Virgin Mobile where I purchased the phone and then contacted Apple support. I have tried all options from their support and what is posted on the web. None of the options work. I just got off the phone with Virgin Mobile Support once again and they indicated there is a world wide issue with activation of the Iphone 5 with IOS 7. Apple's investigation indicated the phone's activation communication is not reaching their servers.

I am very disappointed and frustrated after spending many hours with both Virgin Mobile and Apple Support, and the phone still cannot be activated!
    10-25-2013 09:22 PM
    Don't be dismayed. Many of us experienced the exact same thing, but we're finally able to get it activated. The problem, in my opinion, is on Apple's end. I put my device in DFU mode and reinstalled iOS 7 twice (in case it was a bad install) before putting the phone down for a few hours, and then all of a sudden it was activated.
    10-25-2013 10:31 PM
65 123