iOS won't activate

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Been doing that for the last 45 minutes. Sucks because I need to go to the gym to work out tonight but I'm on call and unless I can activate my phone I can't go :(

It happens with every iOS upgrade... the entire Apple-centric universe is trying to download/install/activate... it just takes time to work through the volume.

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Not helpful but I consider phones to important to mess with on day one. I'm definitely not gonna try it this week. That's why it's nice to have to iPad so I can screw with it right away. I can live without the iPad for awhile if need be. The phone...uh-uh.

smccloud

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Not helpful but I consider phones to important to mess with on day one. I'm definitely not gonna try it this week. That's why it's nice to have to iPad so I can screw with it right away. I can live without the iPad for awhile if need be. The phone...uh-uh.

Yeah, if I was smart I would have done that. But I am a developer so why would I want to wait. Plus the wife wants iOS 7 and I need to be able to answer her questions.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, if I was smart I would have done that. But I am a developer so why would I want to wait. Plus the wife wants iOS 7 and I need to be able to answer her questions.

I hear you. I’m in the same boat, except that I work from home. No drive time... and I can manually monitor the paging queue from my laptop, so even if the phone is out of commission, I’m ok.

And I get the double-edged conundrum - "I shouldn’t because I’m on call" vs "I'm a geek and I have to".

mpham2

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Mine downloaded the file and wouldnt activate. It stayed on version 6 until I finally got through. It was another 15 minutes after that to install and reboot.

smccloud

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I hear you. I’m in the same boat, except that I work from home. No drive time... and I can manually monitor the paging queue from my laptop, so even if the phone is out of commission, I’m ok.

And I get the double-edged conundrum - "I shouldn’t because I’m on call" vs "I'm a geek and I have to".

Yeah. I mean I have my VoIP PBX at home. But shockingly my phone finally activated so I can go workout. Just can't download any apps, and I have none that I normally use.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner