"Software update unavailable"

gravage

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
I received the notification for iOS 7. It completely downloaded. When I go to install, it gives me the error "Software Update Unavailable. Try again later". I can't reset the install. Plugging it into the newest version of iTunes shows that i'm on the latest version (of iOS 6). WTF?

I have never had so many issues with an iOS update. I restarted my iPad, but I'm still getting the same error.

Disregard. I got it finally. Update servers must have been jammed with verifications.

thatotherdude24

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I received the notification for iOS 7. It completely downloaded. When I go to install, it gives me the error "Software Update Unavailable. Try again later". I can't reset the install. Plugging it into the newest version of iTunes shows that i'm on the latest version (of iOS 6). WTF?

I have never had so many issues with an iOS update. I restarted my iPad, but I'm still getting the same error.

I've been getting the same thing. I did with iOS 6 too right after its release. Give it time....there's a few people downloading it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

tduffysd

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
having this problem with my 4s. dont knwo why this would be an issue with the servers being slammed when the update has already downloaded.

gravage

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
having this problem with my 4s. dont knwo why this would be an issue with the servers being slammed when the update has already downloaded.

Because it still has to talk to the server to "verify" the update before starting the install process. That's where I got hung up.

Chrysalis1156

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem. I jst kept backing out to Settings and then selecting Software Update and trying again until it finally finished. I love iOS 7 so far. The animations and dynamic wallpapers are amazing. Feeling like a kid with a new toy.

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Had to try about 30 times today on the iPad 4. Started downloading, I went out for groceries, and it was ready for setup when I came home!

The parallax effect is not as pronounced as I imagined. I wonder if it'll be more obvious on the phone? It scattered a number of my app icons around. In Safari there's no longer a bookmark for the iPad. There is supposed to be one right? Just like on the iPhone?

Edit: No bookmark for the iPad manual.

Last edited:

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
mine keep getting an error to or it saids the device dont have permission or whatever and now im trying to download the software and it saids 5 hours... is this right? anyone else having this problem to or is it just me

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Have been getting this error for 4 hours now while attempting to update OTA. Finally gave up and am now in the process of downloading via iTunes.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1379542591.456976.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums mobile app

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
i try with itunes and over the air for about 3 hours now and nothing is working... i guess there is just TO MUCH ppl getting the update right now

jbuck387

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I got my iPhone 5 to update the first try no problem, but now my ipad 2 is giving me the same error, it downloaded the update but now won't install it.

Alik Malix

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Just updated my iPad (3) - smooth progress. I was doing the update with it plugged in via USB to PC and itunes running, then realized that the battery was about to die, so thru the middle of it all, unplugged it from PC and plugged it into charging port ---- Not a hick-up! My apps were still in multitasking after the update, my safari still had the old page up, wow such a huge update and it's if I was using the iPad all this time. Gotta Love Apple....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2