itunes radio question

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm listening to itunes radio on itunes 11.1, my question is: what is the difference between having music you bought before this came out vs. the radio stations you made. Couldn't you save space on your phone for apps, photos, etc if the ios7 has the same thing?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
iTunesRadio is streamed from Apple... vs playing what's locally stored on a phone. IF you're streaming over cellular, beware of blowing through any data caps your carrier plan may have... playing from locally stored music evades that data use...

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
iTunesRadio is streamed from Apple... vs playing what's locally stored on a phone. IF you're streaming over cellular, beware of blowing through any data caps your carrier plan may have... playing from locally stored music evades that data use...

I agree with that... I used 90 MB in about 1 hour over 3G..

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) using Tapatalk - now Free

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I didn't know playing music from phone uses data. Does the raido for the ios7 & not itunes use data?

iTunes Radio is essentially like Pandora. It's streaming music from a server. Whether you're using it on your phone or computer. If you're playing music from your existing music library, then, you're not "streaming." You're playing music already locally stored.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Why would you want to use the radio outside of Wifi

Some do. Especially with an unlimited data plan... some just don’t think about the consequences... it’s one of the reasons Apple and the carriers limit the size of app downloads over cellular... to avoid irate customer complaints about data charges. It’s a fine line between allowing the customer to use their device their way and protecting them from themselves... danged if you do and danged if you don’t.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have 6 GB of data so iTunes Radio isn't a problem over 3G but since I live in Canada I have to login to my US iTunes account to use it so I'll be waiting until the "iOS 7 compatibility" app updates slows down before I use it again :)

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) using Tapatalk - now Free

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods