iOS 7 is out! Post bugs/fixes here.

bkmac

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have a fix for the issue I'm having with iMessage? I'm in a group text with a few friends and they are saying my texts are coming up from my e-mail address and not my cell #.

I've tried the fix via the 'Send & Receive' portion of Settings>Messages and it's not doing anything but saying "Waiting for activation" for the past few minutes.

Just did a reboot and it still reads that.

Thanks in advance to any help!

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Give it time. iCloud etc are jammed. It will soon sign in and you can switch email address off. iOS 7 by default does setup all addresses to be used

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
The weather app keeps using location services every few minutes regardless if it's open or not. I've disabled the background app updates as well.

Doug the Grinder

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Having the same problem on four devices, including an old iPad running iOS 5 and a 4th gen Touch. App updates just disappeared on all these devices after I updated an iPhone to iOS 7 (which is working just fine). iPad 3 running iOS 7 can't find app updates, though. The badge icon just disappeared when I clicked on the app store and it tells me all apps are up to date. App updates can be accessed by drilling down in the list of purchased apps. If you really need to update an app and know that it was updated, you have to update it through the list of purchased apps for now or through an iTunes sync.
The old iPad started showing updates again after I logged out of the apple store and relaunched the app store app; I don't know if that's what fixed anything, though, and this didn't work on other devices.
Others are reporting this problem (and are also reporting app updates showing up again on their own) so it may have to do with server issues on Apple's end.

jayes

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Should we include app issues? Words With Friends iPad (paid) not rotating to Landscape.

Words with Friends (paid version) on my iPad mini is rotating. Do you have rotate turned off by accident in the control panel? Try closing the app and restarting it. I tried to duplicate your issue. With rotation turned off, the image was strange. When I turned rotation back to allow, the image was till strange. Closed the app and reopened and it was good again.

ruger141

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
On my iPhone 5 (which I updated OTA because iTunes wasn't cooperating)
1. Like some others I am not seeing weather in the notification Center
2. Battery drops noticeably quicker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services and make sure Weather is [ON]

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
No album art for music purchased from iTunes, but still have album art for everything else. Assume it must be an iTunes Match glitch that will eventually fix itself, but figured I would mention it anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Anybody else notice location services is constantly on? The icon

I had 26 app updates before I installed iOS 7 and now it shows I have none. The apps have not updated, same logos and it asked me if I wanted to allow auto updates and I selected no.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2
This is not a bug in iOS 7 and as a matter of fact please use this link to learn from our blog just what to do about this as it is set on by default.

How to turn off iOS 7 frequent location tracking and increase your privacy | iMore

Fred Bentley

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Be prepared only apple products will work for charging the phone once installed my mophie charger doesn't work that was brought from the apple store and my apple charger long since stopped working I'm sure there will be tons of people at the apple store along with me tomorrow

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Be prepared only apple products will work for charging the phone once installed my mophie charger doesn't work that was brought from the apple store and my apple charger long since stopped working I'm sure there will be tons of people at the apple store along with me tomorrow

Not true... I’ve been running my iPhone 5 on iOS 7 since beta 1 in June... my Mophie case charges it fine. So do the various car charger/accessory adapters... Not sure what your issue may turn out to be, but 3rd party chargers work fine...

PreJamison

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site

Have you tried opening the weather app? The weather in notifications appeared shortly after I did.

Also, my battery is draining fast. But, I plan on draining completely and giving a full recharge tonight to really give it a good test tomorrow. I'm obviously using my phone a lot more right now tinkering around with all the new stuff.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh