For Those That Do NOT Like iOS 7

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
This is not thread to judge your dislikes about the new iOS, but a thread to see where you stand knowing the future of iOS.

I for one, am left undecided about iOS and its future. I have used 7 and I am not a fan at all. I prefer the style and scheme of 6, and before that, 5. If I know that this is what I can expect for the next few years on iOS devices, I feel as though I should look elsewhere. Not that i want to, but i can only have the same device for so long before wanting to upgrade, like anyone else. I have switched from BB 4 years ago and never looked back.

I am wondering what other NON likers are planning to do knowing what the future brings for iOS

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Can I answer your thread by saying I have not uses iOS 7 yet but what I have seen and read extensively I like it's concept. I am quite certain there many with you in sharing it's dislikes and many that eventually will leave IOS sometime to another when they find 'The next best thing'

Having said that I look at things like this, I tend to go beyond what it looks like, what colors there are and the fact that there is a flat look to the icons and UI in general but I look more at the total and complete infrastructure in it's totality and how it works with the new A7 processor as well as how it works with its memory and new board setup. I also look at once all of this is put together along with the new UI and ask myself...Is all of this put together going to fit my needs? Is all of this going to do the things I need the OS and it's internal parts going to work for me on an everyday basis just like my flawless 4S does now. Of course i ask these and then it it up to me to find out once I buy one and I will be buying one so until that point this is the best I can say.
I tend to look over the fluff of some of the things Android has live wallpaper and many gadgets and things that move all over.

All i want is a good solid built phone that makes a call, lets me text, lock my passwords up, file manage what I want, take darn good photos and video and everything else is does is bonus for me. This is really how I feel and know it is not what you want to hear but it is the most honest answer i can give you. :)

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I too look beyond the "fluff" and also want a solid built phone. That's why I have had the 4s since debut and never had a complaint. I don't need a new phone or UI. It just comes down to the human factor of wanting something new, hence all these new upgrade plans from carriers. I am still very content with my 4s and will be for awhile. I really wanted to like the OS so I could get either of the new phones, I dig the 5c for its plastic shell believe it or not. I have followed another thread in the jailbreak forum to back up my blobs so I can test drive 7 for a bit longer before making a final decision.

Thanks for your insight!!!

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I too look beyond the "fluff" and also want a solid built phone. That's why I have had the 4s since debut and never had a complaint. I don't need a new phone or UI. It just comes down to the human factor of wanting something new, hence all these new upgrade plans from carriers. I am still very content with my 4s and will be for awhile. I really wanted to like the OS so I could get either of the new phones, I dig the 5c for its plastic shell believe it or not. I have followed another thread in the jailbreak forum to back up my blobs so I can test drive 7 for a bit longer before making a final decision.

Thanks for your insight!!!

First I want to say that you won't be able to downgrade your iPhone 4S once you update to iOS 7 even if you have your SHSH blobs saved. The iPhone 4 is the only one that can downgrade from iOS 7 with saved SHSH blobs.

Second I do respect your opinion about iOS 7, everyone has their own personal preference. When ever someone asks me what I think about a mobile OS or what phone they should get I always say to get what suits your needs not want other people say. Same thing applies here with iOS 7, do as much research as you can before you update to see if it suits your needs. If it doesn't suit your needs then don't update, if it does suit your needs then update. But whatever you decide to do, I just hope your happy with your decision.

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) using Tapatalk - now Free

necigrad

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
I'm confused. You don't like iOS 7 (and I'm totally cool with that) so you want to know what people think will be in the future? For what purpose? The only people that know what's in store for the future are in Cuppertino and they're not talking. In addition you then need to ask the same question about Android and you'll get the same answer. Same for other smartphone OS developers. So what we have is you want answers that no one knows to make a decision to stay with iOS or switch to another platform that you can ask the same question of. It's circular.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
You are confused? did you read the post at all? As of today, the world knows the immediate and most likely future of iOS, since most tech companies don't flip flop after months or years.

So if others do not like the current OS, are they willing to jump ship to another platform or stick with their current device until Apple decides to change the OS in a few years.

Most people keep their phone for the commitment of their contract and then upgrade, but again, we now know what the iOS upgrade option is.

So what exactly are you confused about?

necigrad

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
I'm confused because of exactly what you're implying. iOS WILL be updated, as early as next year. What you're suggesting is that people would leave their iOS devices because of an everchanging OS, which you can't escape by going to another OS. That means learning a new systems nuances, buying new apps, and simply losing other apps. Then a few years later when a 'more palatable' OS comes out they'll switch back? I find that highly unlikely, especially given that iOS 7 is new. Just like pretty much every other software update there will be people who find things to gripe about. These things are often either misunderstandings, a refusal to change, or simply being uncomfortable with being new. That's why I'm confused; it's far too early to be so judgmental, and even if it wasn't you're assuming that Apple won't make changes for an unbearable amount of time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW