Note to Millions of Users

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I am still amazed iTunes 11.1 is not out yet for Windows, so will be very interesting to see what happens when people decide to do a restore and find they can't on iTunes. Or is Apple going to release it at the same time and cause chaos? I have the GM installed, so don't have my music or photos etc.. (no iTunes that works) but can use 3rd party to load, but still very odd that iTunes 11.1 was not available by Monday morning.

It’s really not that strange. Since there was no iOS 7 released to the public, which is dependent upon the iTunes release, there was no urgency (or even a need) for Apple to get the iTunes update out. Since version 11.1 is still a beta release (as of the time I am writing this), it could simply be that they were putting the finishing touches on it.

It will be here in time for the iOS 7 release.

And regarding the possible "chaos", are you expecting anything less than a full-on feeding frenzy when iOS 7 drops?

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Let's assume that 90% of iPhone users are just that, users.. and I am being kind here. I used to be the 24/7 HD Manager for KInko's Corp Worldwide and even those trained on computers sometimes just don't get it, and that's fine, as if I see someone ripping stuff out of a car and then putting it back in and the car works, to me that is awesome magic. Everyone has their thing. That being said many, many, and many are using this device for music, photos and games and maybe texting 1st.. and a phone 88th. They will not even think to know they need or should find and install a new iTunes first (if released) and then upgrade and start totally freaking out. I could be totally wrong, but I see some valid entertainment coming later today.

It’s really not that strange. Since there was no iOS 7 released to the public, which is dependent upon the iTunes release, there was no urgency (or even a need) for Apple to get the iTunes update out. Since version 11.1 is still a beta release (as of the time I am writing this), it could simply be that they were putting the finishing touches on it.

It will be here in time for the iOS 7 release.

And regarding the possible "chaos", are you expecting anything less than a full-on feeding frenzy when iOS 7 drops?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Let's assume that 90% of iPhone users are just that, users.. and I am being kind here. I used to be the 24/7 HD Manager for KInko's Corp Worldwide and even those trained on computers sometimes just don't get it, and that's fine, as if I see someone ripping stuff out of a car and then putting it back in and the car works, to me that is awesome magic. Everyone has their thing. That being said many, many, and many are using this device for music, photos and games and maybe texting 1st.. and a phone 88th. They will not even think to know they need or should find and install a new iTunes first (if released) and then upgrade and start totally freaking out. I could be totally wrong, but I see some valid entertainment coming later today.

I hear what you’re saying... but for those who aren’t tech geeks, even if iTunes had been released last week, how many of your 90% would even be aware or concerned enough to go get it and get it installed? For those of us who are aware of these issues, and understand, even to a minor degree how thing do (or are supposed to) work, it’s a no brainer. To those who aren’t, it’s a total non-issue.

And it amazes me that Apple manages somehow to keep all the plates spinning, and to keep is so that "it just works".

Regarding the entertainment value, yes, in a twisted, macabre way, yes, indeedy. But for those of us who do "get it", it’s incumbent upon us to help where we can, to remove as much of the fear, uncertainty and doubt (FUD) as we can, and to try to keep order and make sense of it all.

We’ve all heard the tech support story about the lady who called with the broken cup holder... :)

There’s nothing wrong with being an ignorant user. The problem lies with those who live there. Learn how and then pay it forward.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Just installed the new iTunes, backed up, bought more iCloud space, plugged in.....and I"m hitting the button.....waiting.....waiting....waiting....

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
ONE FREAKIN' MINUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:party:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaand downloading!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:party::dancing::party:

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
ITS NOT SHOWING UP IN MY ITUNES...... but its OTA on my phone..... ditching itunes and doing it OTA lol

edit: getting error while trying to download OTA

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Me too

humabury.jpg

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
ITS NOT SHOWING UP IN MY ITUNES...... but its OTA on my phone..... ditching itunes and doing it OTA lol

edit: getting error while trying to download OTA

Servers might be very busy now

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) using Tapatalk - now Free

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
apples servers must be overloaded. I'm getting all kinds of errors. iTunes wont download, and trying OTA for OS got error too. guess I'll wait a while for the frenzy to die down.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
ok people so far so good....i already hit the toilet so im good...now working hard on this update

OK not like im doing much just smoking a cig and looking at my phone....but it seems like hard work lol

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
apples servers must be overloaded. I'm getting all kinds of errors. iTunes wont download, and trying OTA for OS got error too. guess I'll wait a while for the frenzy to die down.
yeah took me all morning to update my apps kept getting itunes messages finally got that done even my icloud back-up took longer than usual

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
a little advice from OTAs in the past i found if you turn off your passcode and anything like Assistive touch and keep your screen on always it seems to help at least gives you some piece of mind......

works for me

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
OK ....I'm done with LEARN MORE > now im getting impaitent.....

La....La....La.....picking nose oh time to check out all these new Icloud features:concern:

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

preparing UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:party:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro